- Yum! Brands Inc YUM owned KFC’s Thailand operator, Restaurants Development Company, is planning to sell its KFC franchise business, Reuters reported.
- The franchise business in Thailand is valued at about $300 million.
- Restaurants Development, with the help of a consortium led by private equity firm AIGF Advisors Pte Ltd, is in talks with potential buyers.
- The company was planning the sell-off way before in 2020 but shelved it due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- With businesses bouncing back to pre-pandemic levels boosted by high consumer confidence, the sale plan is back.
- Price Action: YUM shares are trading lower by 2.35% at $116.64 on the last check Monday.
- Photo via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.