Why Shares of Myos Rens Are Spiking Higher

Shares of nutrition company MYOS Corporation MYOS were more than doubling Wednesday.

The Myos Reverse Merger: Myos announced late Tuesday that it has agreed to a combination with MedAvail, Inc. in a reverse merger.

MedAvail is a private, in-clinic, telemedicine-enabled pharmacy company that has developed a proprietary robotic dispensing platform and home delivery operation focused on the Medicare Advantage market in the United States.

Under the merger agreement, a wholly owned subsidiary of Myos will merge with and into MedAvail, with MedAvail being the surviving corporation.

Upon consummation of the merger, the combined company will operate under the name MedAvail and the shares will continue to trade on the Nasdaq.

The transaction, which has been approved by the boards of both companies, is expected to close Dec. 31.

The Myos Deal Logic: Myos said the combined company will focus on advancing MedAvail's network of in-clinic pharmacies within Medicare sites across the U.S. Myos' muscle health business will be spun off as a private unaffiliated company, according to the press release. 

MedAvail will pay the spun-out business $2 million in cash upon closing of the merger, and issue a promissory note for an additional $3 million, payable in installments within one year of closing, Myos said.

Upon completion of the merger, Myos said its muscle health business will own about 3.5% of the combined company and MedAvail's security holders and new investors the remaining 96.5%.

"This transaction will provide our shareholders with equity in a well-capitalized, commercial stage healthcare technology company backed by marquee healthcare investors, while simultaneously infusing capital to support the ongoing private MYOS business," Myos CEO Joseph Mannello said in a statement. 

MYOS Price Action: At last check, Myos shares were rallying 293.18% to $3.46. 

Related Links:

Penny Stock Ticks Higher On Deal To Develop Immune-Supportive Formula

Vitamin Shoppe's International Expansion; Is the Space Bulking Or Cutting?

Posted In: Inc.MedAvailmedicaretelemedicineM&ANewsPenny StocksHealth CareMoversTrading IdeasGeneral

Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.

All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.

Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.

Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.