10 Things You Might've Missed From LinkedIn's Last 10-K
With LinkedIn Corp (NYSE: LNKD) set to deliver earnings this week, now would be a good time to take a look back at the company’s last 10-K filing from February 2014.
1. As of the last 10-K, LinkedIn had 277 million members. Membership grew by 37 percent in 2013, and investors will be anxious to see exactly how much membership has grown since.
2. LinkedIn spent $395.6 million on product development in 2013, up from $257.2 million in 2012.
3. As of the end of 2013, the innovative company had 39 issued U.S. patents and another 371 pending patent applications.
4. LinkedIn had 5,045 employees at the end of 2013, an increase of 46 percent for the year.
5. As of the last 10-K filing, 28 percent of LinkedIn’s employees had worked for the company for less than one year, and 87 percent of employees had worked for less than two years.
6. From 2008 to 2013, LinkedIn’s compounded annual revenue growth rate was 81 percent.
7. LinkedIn is a truly global company, and 38 percent of 2013 total revenue was international.
8. U.S. membership grew by 28 percent in 2013. International growth was even stronger, as growth in Europe, the Middle East and Africa rose 42.7 percent, and membership in Asia grew by 39 percent during the year.
9. The number of unique visitors to LinkedIn’s site rose by 45 percent in 2013, reflecting the increase in popularity of the site.
10. In 2013, 56 percent of LinkedIn’s total revenue came from its employer recruitment service Talent Solutions. LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions service accounted for 24 percent of the company’s total revenue. Premium user subscriptions made up the final 20 percent of LinkedIn’s $1.5 billion in revenue for the year.
When the company releases earnings, savvy investors will be looking for more than just total revenue and earnings per share. There’s a lot of important nuisances to LinkedIn’s business, and big changes to any of these overlooked areas could have a major impact on the future of the company.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.