- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc ACAD announced topline results from a Phase 2 trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of ACP-044 for acute pain following bunionectomy surgery.
- The primary endpoint, a comparison of cumulative pain intensity scores over 24 hours between the ACP-044 1600 mg once daily, ACP-044 400 mg four times daily, and placebo treatment arms, was not met.
- A trend favoring the ACP-044 400 mg once every six hours treatment group was observed on the primary endpoint, a difference of -10.5 points compared to placebo (p = 0.1683; effect size = 0.219).
- These numerical trends were consistently better than placebo but not statistically significant at 48 hours and 72 hours.
- Read Next: Acadia Resubmits Pimavanserin US Application For Expanded Use In Alzheimer's Psychosis.
- "We are disappointed that the ACP-044 bunionectomy study did not meet its primary endpoint, especially given the significant need for novel, non-opioid treatment options for postsurgical pain," said CEO Steve Davis.
- Most adverse events were mild-to-moderate, and there were no serious adverse events related to ACP-044.
- Acadia is currently evaluating ACP-044 in an ongoing study in osteoarthritis, a model of chronic pain, which is expected to complete in the first half of 2023.
- ACP-044 is a non-opioid, redox modulator investigational drug in development to treat acute and chronic pain.
- Price Action: ACAD shares are down 7.72% at $20.68 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.