- PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals Inc PHAS has announced interim results from the REVERSE-IT Phase 3 trial of bentracimab to reverse the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor.
- The trial included patients with urgent surgery or an invasive procedure or experiencing uncontrolled major or life-threatening bleeding.
- Bentracimab was shown to reverse the effects of AstraZeneca Plc's AZN blood thinner Brilinta (ticagrelor) in an interim analysis of more than 100 patients.
- Patients who took bentracimab saw a 135% reduction in platelet inhibition within 5 to 10 minutes of infusion and saw those effects last over 24 hours.
- Bentracimab appeared safe. Though 91% of patients reported a treatment-emergent side effect, the most common was pain associated with the surgical procedure.
- Eight experienced thrombotic events, though none of the cases were tied to bentracimab.
- Bentracimab is a monoclonal antibody fragment that binds to Brilinta when it's in that off state and removes it from the platelet environment.
- PhaseBio is still recruiting patients with uncontrolled major or life-threatening bleeding for the REVERSE-IT trial and aims to be fully enrolled as soon as possible.
- Related Link: PhaseBio's Bentracimab Reverses Ticagrelor-Associated Antiplatelet Activity In Mid-Stage Study
- Price Action: PHAS shares are down 20.30% at $2.96 during the market session on the last check Monday.
- Editor's Note: The post has been revised with an updated headline to exclude side effects being treatment related.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.