Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours:
Scaling The Peaks
(Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-Week Highs Oct. 7)
- 10X Genomics Inc TXG
- Aclaris Therapeutics Inc ACRS
- Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp ADPT
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ALXN
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ARNA
- argenx SE – ADR ARGX
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. Class A Common Stock BIO
- Blueprint Medicines Corp BPMC
- Cassava Sciences Inc SAVA
- Castle Biosciences Inc CSTL
- Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. CLDX
- CymaBay Therapeutics Inc CBAY
- Eidos Therapeutics Inc EIDX
- Fate Therapeutics Inc FATE
- InVitae Corp NVTA
- Insulet Corporation PODD
- Intellia Therapeutics Inc NTLA
- Kura Oncology Inc KURA
- Madrigal Pharmaceuticals Inc MDGL
- Mirati Therapeutics Inc MRTX
- Natera Inc NTRA
- Novocure Ltd NVCR
- Ocular Therapeutix Inc OCUL (preannounced positive Q3 revenues)
- Oncorus Inc ONCR (debuted on Friday)
- Prelude Therapeutics Inc PRLD
- Pulmonx Corp LUNG
- Qiagen NV QGEN
- Repligen Corporation RGEN
- Stoke Therapeutics Inc STOK (announced decision to dose STK-001 in children and adolescents in its Phase 1/2a study for Dravet syndrome)
- Surface Oncology Inc SURF
- Tandem Diabetes Care Inc TNDM
- TG Therapeutics Inc common stock TGTX
- Turning Point Therapeutics Inc TPTX
- Twist Bioscience Corp TWST
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc RARE
- Veracyte Inc VCYT
- Vericel Corp VCEL
- Zai Lab Ltd – ADR ZLAB
Down In The Dumps
(Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-Week Lows Oct. 7)
- Akouos Inc AKUS
- C4 Therapeutics Inc CCCC (went public Friday)
- Harmony Biosciences Holdings Inc HRMY
- Inhibrx Inc INBX
- Outset Medical Inc OM
- Polypid Ltd PYPD
- Psychemedics Corp. PMD
- Silence Therapeutics ADR Representing 3 Ord Shs SLN
- Teligent Inc (NEW JERSEY) TLGT
Stocks In Focus
CareDx Expects Q3 Revenue Ahead Of Consensus
CareDx Inc CDNA preannounced preliminary revenue of about $53 million for the three months ended Sept. 30, 2020, up 57% year-over-year. This came in ahead of the $44.68-million consensus estimate. Testing revenues increased from $28.2 million to $45.2 million.
The stock was up 14.04% at $50.02 premarket Thursday.
Gilead Signs Veklury Supply Agreement With European Commission
Gilead Sciences, Inc. GILD announced a joint procurement agreement with the European Commission to enable rapid and equitable access to Veklury, or remdesivir, the first antiviral drug proven to be effective for the treatment of COVID-19 in the European Union.
The agreement enables participating countries in the EU and the European Economic Area and the U.K. to purchase Veklury for both real-time demand and stockpiling needs, coordinated by the European Commission, Gilead said
The agreement covers purchases of Veklury over the next six months and has the option to be extended. In the EU, EEA and U.K., Veklury is indicated for the treatment of COVID-19 in adult and adolescent patients with pneumonia requiring supplemental oxygen.
The stock was adding 0.76% to $62.32 premarket Thursday.
Pfizer's Hormone Therapy Aces Late-Stage Study In Child Growth Hormone Deficiency
Pfizer Inc. PFE said its Phase 3 study evaluating somatrogon dosed once-weekly in children from 3 years old to less than 18 years of age with growth hormone deficiency met its primary endpoint of improved treatment burden compared to Genotropin for injection administered once-daily.
Lilly, Gates Foundation To Supply Potential COVID-19 Antibody Treatment To Low-, Middle-Income Countries
Eli Lilly And Co LLY, which offered an update on its anti-COVID-19 antibody program Wednesday, said it has agreed with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to facilitate access to future Lilly therapeutic antibodies under development for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 to benefit low- and middle-income countries.
The stock was rising 1.71% to $151.50 in premarket trading Thursday.
Merck Reports Positive Results For Midstage Study Of HIV-1 Combo Therapy
Merck & Co., Inc. MRK announced positive week 96 data from the Phase 2b trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of islatravir, its investigational oral nucleoside reverse transcriptase translocation inhibitor, in combination with doravirine in treatment-naïve adults with HIV-1 infection.
Protagonist Up On Momentum Buy
Protagonist Therapeutics Inc PTGX shares were up 15.2% to $24.72 premarket. The gains came amid a lack of any company-specific catalyst.
On The Radar
Silver Spring, Maryland-based Aziyo Biologics priced its initial public offering of 2.94 million shares at $17 per share, at the midpoint of the previously estimated price range of $16-$18. The regenerative medicine company's shares will be listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "AZYO." Gross proceeds from the offering are expected to be $50 million.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.