Biotech stocks had an upweek, with the release of clinical trial results and the positive broader market sentiment offering ample support.
Here are some key catalysts that can move biotech stocks in the unfolding week.
- 2019 American College of Cardiology meeting – March 16-18, in New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Society of Gynecologic Oncology's 2019 annual meeting – March 16-19, in Honolulu, Hawaii
- 3rd World Congress on Embryology and In Vitro Fertilization - March 18-19, in New York
- 16th World Hematology Congress - March 18-19, in Rome, Italy
- 7th International Conference on HIV/AIDS, STDs and STIs - March 18-19, in New York
- 23rd International Conference on Neurology & Neurophysiology - March 18-19, in Edinburgh, U.K.
- 20th Annual World Congress on Pediatrics - March 18-19, in Chicago
- Oppenheimer 29th Annual Healthcare Conference – March 19-20, in New York
- 10th Euro Breast Cancer Summit - March 20-21, in Paris, France
- 6th World Congress on Mental Health, Psychiatry and Well-being - March 20-21, in New York
- 9th International Conference and Exhibition on Advanced Cell and Gene Therapy - March 21-22, in Rome
- ENDO 2019 – March 23-26 in New Orleans, Louisiana
The FDA is set to rule Monday on Roche Holdings AG Basel ADR RHHBY's sBLA for Tecentriq, in combination with carboplatin and etoposide (chemotherapy) for first-line treatment of people with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer, or SCLC.
SAGE Therapeutics Inc SAGE and Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. LGND await FDA decision on their NDA for Brexanolone in the treatment of postpartum depression. The -day is set for Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the FDA will rule on Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC JAZZ's NDA for JZP-110, its treatment candidate for excessive sleepiness in adult patients with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea.
Sanofi SA SNY and Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. LXRX await FDA verdict on their oral diabetic drug Zynquista, chemically Sotagliflozin on Friday.
Clinical Trial Results
PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals Inc PHAS is scheduled to present Phase 1 data for PB2452, its reversal agent for tricagrelor, at the American College of Cardiology meeting.
AstraZeneca plc AZN on Monday is due to present Phase 3 data for its Type-2 diabetes candidate Farxiga.
Amarin Corporation plc AMRN on Monday will release new Phase 3 data for Vascepa, its treatment candidate for high triglycerides with mixed dyslipidemia, at the American College of Cardiology meeting.
Leap Therapeutics Inc LPTX on Monday is due to present Phase 2 data for its endometrial cancer treatment candidate DKN-01 and Paclitaxel at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology meeting.
Strongbridge Biopharma plc SBBP on Saturday is expected to present already-released Phase 3 data for COR-003 that is being evaluated for endogenous Cushing's syndrome at ENDO 2019.
Monday, March 18
- Aclaris Therapeutics Inc ACRS (before the market open)
- Akebia Therapeutics Inc AKBA (after the market close)
- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc INNT (after the market close)
- Novavax, Inc. NVAX (after the market close)
Tuesday, March 19
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Inc CPRX (before the market open)
- Provention Bio Inc PRVB (after the market close)
Thursday, March 21
- Aptinyx Inc APTX (before the market open)
- Orchard Therapeutics PLC – ADR ORTX (before the market open)
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.