Quote To Start The Day: You can't be a real networker unless you’re connected.
Source: Michael Gruen
One Big Thing In Fintech: Experts say 2021 is poised to see greater adoption and venture capital investment in blockchain technology. That prediction comes as more financial services apps are built using blockchain technology and cryptocurrency has become more widely accepted.
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- tastytrade, IG join forces in $1B deal.
- Learning more on Tinkoff digital bank.
- Walmart fintech is threatening banks.
- Citi launches a futures algo platform.
- N26, Allianz extend insurance benefit.
- Coinbase offers market ahead of IPO.
- Nvidia may make crypto mining GPUs.
- TransferWise enlisting banks for IPO.
- Clubhouse looking to add new funding.
- B3 looking to pass CME in rankings.
- Monzo founder departing on struggle.
- MoneyGram extends Visa debit card.
- BlackRock is purchasing BTC futures.
- SGX, Temasek eye DLT infrastructure.
- 20% of future unicorns are in fintech.
- MX to expand reach amid IPO angles.
- Affirm is redefining buy now, pay later.
- Truist is spending $1.8B on new tech.
- Silvergate results eye Q4 momentum.
- Unpacking Springbox investment tech.
- Investors likely turn attention to DeFi.
- HSBC looks to revamp for digital age.
- State Street is honing in on ESG data.
- Embedded finance a new opportunity.
- Pictet enlists Finsemble for workflows.
- BlockFi launches an OTC trading desk.
Watch Out For This: Historically, recessions have been discussed in terms of a V-shape—a sharp decline in output followed rapidly by an equally rapid recovery—or a U-shape, where a longer slowdown occurs before a steep uplift, or variations thereof (think Sir Martin Sorrell’s bathtub-shaped prediction from 2001).
This time, as the world surveys the economic wreckage of the pandemic, there is talk of another type of recovery: a K-shape. It’s a two-tier recovery, where a fall for almost everyone is followed by a continued decline for some but a remarkable bounce back for others.
- Nasdaq adds Jeremy Skule as CSO.
- MindMed begins MDMA, LSD trials.
- United Wholesale Mortgage is listed.
- SpaceX sets satellite launch records.
- Architectures of vaccine distributions.
- IPOs are keeping gains on sentiment.
- Unicorn binging was really profitable.
- 15 steps to fundraising for VC and PE.
- Amazon does not trust mail-in voting.
- Top banking trends to watch in 2021.
- Google threatened to remove search.
- Judge denies Parler’s restoration bid.
- Israel’s startup ecosystem powers up.
- Spotify pays podcasters to buoy tools.
- Biden team is reversing bank policies.
- Alphabet kills Loon internet company.
- Future live events to look like Friends.
- NBC plans to shut the Sports Network.
- US rejoined the Paris Climate Accord.
- Banks are capping off a winning year.
Market Moving Headline: After prices were advertised below balance in the week prior, responsive buyers in the S&P 500 began a rally that found acceptance back inside a larger balance-area, near the $3,800 high-open interest strike.
Thereafter, initiative buyers extended the S&P 500’s rally, breaking the index above its $3,824.25 balance-area high (BAH), before establishing acceptance near the $3,850.00 price extension, an upside target, and auctioning back into range, repairing poor structures left in the wake of discovery.
- Trend intact, growth downgraded, top close.
- New administration planning more stimulus.
- Re-leveraging on hot sentiment, positioning.
- US inflation will rise, recovery to strengthen.
For next week, in the best case, the S&P 500 takes back Friday’s liquidation and auctions above the $3,840.75 HVNode. Expectations thereafter include continued balance or initiative buying to take out the $3,859.75 overnight all-time high. Thereafter buying continues as high as the $3,884.75 price projection, or double the width of the balance-area, the typical target on a balance-area breakout.
Source: Physik Invest
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Your update on what’s going on in the Fintech space. Keep up-to-date with news, valuations, mergers, funding, and events. Sign up today!