Table of contents [Show]
WordPress Donation Plugins
Are you a charity or nonprofit organization seeking donations for either a niche-specific or general cause? Maybe you own a small business or startup and you’re seeking the favor of goodwill to scale your brand. If any of these scenarios apply to you, then a WordPress donation plugin could be the solution you’re seeking.
A WordPress donation plugin helps you accept donations from people regardless of locality and local currency. This extension gives you the advantage of making donations easier for donors and more accessible to you.
In this article, we’ll look at the benefits of a WordPress plugin. We’ll also consider some of the best WordPress donation plugins.
What Are the Benefits of Using a WordPress Donation Plugin?
Why use a WordPress donation plugin when there are other options on the market? There are many reasons! Today, we’re going to share some unique reasons why WordPress offers donation plugins that are more favorable than other donation plugins.
No Configuration or Coding
You don’t need to know how to code to use a WordPress donation plugin. You also don’t need a professional to help you set it up either.
Easy Setup and Integration
WordPress donation plugins make it easy to set up your donation sites and integrate different payment platforms thanks to how user-friendly WordPress donation plugins are. It’s simple to integrate any tools that you may need with the help of WordPress plugins.
WordPress donation plugins allow you to customize your donation plugins with your brand’s logo and color palette. You can either abide by the original style of the plugins or customize them and use these plugins as templates to help you reach your donation goals.
What To Look For in the Best WordPress Donation Plugins
Before you make a final decision about which WordPress donation plugin to use on your website, make sure you keep an eye out for certain features. We recommend that you seek out WordPress plugins that offer the following features.
Lightweight and Easy Integration
A plugin should be easy to use. It should also allow for simple integration with other software or website features.
Support for Various Gateways
A WordPress donation plugin should support the use of both online and offline payment platforms. Some of the most popular payment options include Stripe, PayPal, and credit cards.
Safe and Secure to Use
A WordPress donation plugin should protect your donors’ financial information. It should aos ensure that donated funds are not lost in transit by promising secure transactions.
The best WordPress donation plugins should yield positive reviews from previous and current customers. Although there’s no such thing as perfection, you’ll want to only consider plugins that promise to deliver the features listed in the plugin’s descriptions. Users who have experience using WordPress donation plugins are great resources because they can attest to a plugin’s usability.
Price for Value
The price of a WordPress plugin is always smart to consider. Not all plugins are free, but if a plugin costs money, the price should parallel the plugin’s value.
The Best WordPress Donation Plugins
Below are some of the best donation plugins on WordPress.
This is one of the best WordPress plugins. It is reasonably priced and supports nonprofits very well. With GiveWP, you’ll have access to great features that are intended to help you increase your online donations and manage your donors directly from WordPress.
- Easy to manage your online and offline donations
- Donor management area
- Customizable donation forms
- Easy to set up
- One-time or recurring donation options
- Able to be integrated with a variety of payment gateways
- Credit cards
- Pairs well with all major email marketing services
- Donation upsell option for WooCommerce
- Accepts payments in any currency
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No crowdfunding feature
- No social media sharing option
- Nonprofit organizations
- Basic: $187 per year
- Plus: $270 per year
- Pro: $374 per year
Created in 2015, Charitable makes donations easy. Plus, there aren’t any transaction fees. Whether you need to raise donations for a particular project or you’re setting up an organization that accepts recurring donations, Charitable is designed to help you create unlimited fundraising campaigns.
- Seamless integration with your preferred theme
- Time-sensitive campaigns
- Completely customizable domain
- Various payment options
- Bank transfers
- Other offline methods
- GDPR-compatible donation forms
- Paid extension supports the following:
- Peer-to-peer lending
- Crowdfunding platforms
- Recurring donations
- Chat-based customer support
- No free trial
- Charity organizations and nonprofits
- Organizations that want full control of their fundraising platform
- Basic: $0
- Plus: $99 per year
- Pro: $249 per year
This donation plugin allows you to add a PayPal button on your website. This plugin is simple and straightforward for nonprofits that accept donations via PayPal.
- Completely free for one-time donations
- Payment accepted via credit card or Paypal
- Provides a Sandbox account
- Ability to test run the plugin
- Works with WP themes
- Supports 18 languages and 25 currencies
- Customizable donation button
- 8 available templates
- Can’t customize the check-out experience
- Unable to change brand colors or logo when using Paypal
- Zero rich features
- Charity organizations that don’t want other features and options
- Nonprofits with minimal needs
- Pro: $59.95
WP Crowdfunding is a crowdfunding plugin designed specifically for WooCommerce. It can help nonprofits create WordPress websites intended to raise money for important causes.
- Integrates with multiple payment options
- All WooCommerce gateways
- Keeps track of and manages funds
- Wallet system for local currencies
- Distribute money seamlessly using Stripe connect
- Supports social media shares
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t have the provision to be anonymous at will
- Donor names are either all visible or all anonymous
- Basic plugin: $0
- Paid plan: $149 per year at a minimum
The Donation Thermometer is a classic WordPress plugin. It uses a thermometer-style design to gauge the progress of donations to the campaign’s cause.
- Customizable colors, text, currency, and meter size
- Shortcode shows donation thermometer on posts, pages, or sidebars
- Easy to manage with simple settings within WordPress
- Does not accept any money
- No integrated gateway payment
- Must be used along with other WordPress donation plugins
- Nonprofits that don’t need many features
Donorbox is a donation management plugin that can be used on WordPress websites as well as websites that are hosted by other content management systems (CMS).
- Allows setup for one-time or recurring donations
- Accepts multiple payment options
- Credit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- ACH bank payments
- Fully customizable donation forms
- Manage donations directly from your dashboard
- Payment protection handled by the Donorbox team
- High price points for nonprofits
- Free donations for up to $1,000 per month
- 1.5% free for subsequent donations
- Separate monthly fees for various email marketing and CRM integrations
- Small nonprofits
- 1.5% fee for platform
Where To Go From Here
Using a donation plugin for WordPress is helpful for businesses. You can increase revenue for your business or charity by adding a plugin to your website because it will help you accept donations and achieve your goals!