- Goldman Sachs analyst Catherine O'Brien downgraded JetBlue Airways, American Airlines and lowered the Price Target for Allegiant Travel and Spirit Airlines.
- O'Brien remains positive on the path to profitability recovery for the airlines over the medium-term but reduced December quarter and 2022 outlooks as she mark-to-markets for fuel and a worse short-term revenue environment than previously expected.
- The analyst downgraded JetBlue Airways Corp JBLU to Neutral from Buy and lowered the price target to $17 (implying an upside of 10%) from $20.
- O'Brien expects JetBlue's costs to continue its codeshare partnership with American will outstrip revenue driven by the alliance over the medium-term, especially given the pricing pressure she expects to see across the industry due to elevated capacity and corporate/international demand "that will likely still be in recovery."
- The analyst downgraded American Airlines Group Inc AAL to Sell from Neutral and lowered the price target to $18 (implying a downside of 13%) from $19.
- O'Brien expects American shares to underperform, saying its "relatively higher" operating leverage will weigh on its profitability recovery in a weaker industry pricing environment over the medium term.
- The analyst lowered Allegiant Travel Co's ALGT price target to $265 (implying an upside of 36%) from $278 and maintained a Neutral rating on the shares.
- The analyst lowered Spirit Airlines Inc's SAVE price target to $28 (implying an upside of 7%) from $35 and maintained a Neutral rating.
- Price Action: JBLU shares are trading lower by 4.62% at $15.39, AAL lower by 4.3% at $20.54, ALGT lower by 3.59% at $193.8, and SAVE lower by 4.08% at $25.9 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.