Short squeezes can be one of the most powerful trading catalysts on Wall Street, and traders are always on the lookout for the next major short squeeze candidate.
S3 Partners analyst Ihor Dusaniwsky just released his latest list of the top short squeeze stocks and ETFs based on short interest and short percent of float.
Dusaniwsky said there are currently only 43 U.S. stocks with short interest of at least $25 million and short percent of float of at least 40%.
“These are stocks which have a greater chance of a short squeeze if stock loan supply gets tight, stock borrow rates negatively impact net of financing expected Alpha, mark-to-market losses mount if the security rallies, or recalls start hitting the street,” Dusaniwsky wrote in the report.
Short Squeeze Candidates
Here are S3’s 10 best stock candidates for a short squeeze.
- Dillard's, Inc. DDS, $496.5 million short interest, 84.2% of float.
- GameStop Corp. GME, $273.1 million short interest, 74.7% of float.
- Health Insurance Innovations Inc HIIQ, $129.6 million short interest, 72.9% of float.
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. SKT, $659.5 million short interest, 68.9% of float.
- Yeti Holdings Inc YETI, $510.3 million short interest, 64.8% of float.
- Pennsylvania R.E.I.T. PEI, $195.5 million short interest, 64.0% of float.
- Eidos Therapeutics Inc EIDX, $135.7 million short interest, 62.5% of float.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. BBBY, $756.3 million short interest, 62.0% of float.
- Fastly Inc FSLY, $177.0 million short interest, 61.6% of float.
- Turning Point Therapeutics Inc TPTX, $92.7 million short interest, 58.1% of float.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.