Market Overview

RBC Remains Bullish On Workday After Meeting With Management

RBC Remains Bullish On Workday After Meeting With Management

Discussions with top management at Workday Inc (NASDAQ: WDAY) indicate a large market opportunity, an increase in adoption of core financials and the expansion of the financial planning segment, according to RBC Capital Markets.

The Analyst

RBC Capital Markets’ Ross MacMillan maintains an Outperform rating on Workday with an unchanged $220 price target.

The Thesis

The on-demand financial and human capital management software vendor has a customer base of 2,600 companies, MacMillan said in a Tuesday note. 

The company indicated there are an estimated 35,000-38,000 companies globally that would consider Workday’s products as viable solutions, the analyst said. 

Although 40 percent of Fortune 500 companies are using Workday for HCM, most of the remaining 60 percent are yet to move to cloud HCM, MacMillan said. 

The company added 79 core financials customers in the fourth quarter, four of which are Fortune 500 companies, he said. 

The improved adoption of core financials is being driven by several factors, including customers becoming increasingly comfortable putting core financials in the cloud; the product’s maturity; enhanced vertical capabilities; and a larger reference customer base, according to RBC. 

Workday believes the financial planning market is almost as large as the core financial management market, MacMillan said.

“As companies push more performance responsibility down to line managers, a planning tool integrated with the core financials transaction engine will drive agility in organizations and elevate the value of an integrated platform.”

Price Action

Workday shares were trading down slightly at $187.22 at the time of publication Wednesday. 

Related Links:

Wells Fargo Raises Workday Price Target On Expectations Of Continued Market Share Gains

10 Biggest Price Target Changes For Friday

Photo courtesy of Workday. 

Latest Ratings for WDAY

Oct 2019MaintainsOutperform
Oct 2019UpgradesNeutralBuy
Oct 2019AssumesHold

View More Analyst Ratings for WDAY
View the Latest Analyst Ratings

Posted-In: RBC Capital Markets Ross MacMillanAnalyst Color Price Target Reiteration Analyst Ratings Best of Benzinga


Related Articles (WDAY)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Latest Ratings

YEXTMorgan StanleyMaintains15.0
WKMorgan StanleyMaintains42.0
RAMPMorgan StanleyMaintains58.0
PDMorgan StanleyMaintains34.0
HTHTDaiwa CapitalDowngrades
View the Latest Analytics Ratings
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at

Acreage Holdings Enters California Dispensary Market, Reports Fourth-Quarter Results

Trump: US Will Ground Boeing 737 Max 8 And Max 9 Jets