Axiom's Gordon Johnson Gives Eight Reasons Why Tesla's SolarCity Offer Makes 'No Sense'
Axiom Capital's Gordon Johnson appeared on Benzinga's PreMarket Prep morning radio show Friday. He made what most people would consider some rather concerning comments related to Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA)'s proposed offer for SolarCity Corp (NASDAQ: SCTY).
Below is a recap of all the comments Johnson made on the topic. The comments appeared first, in real time, on the Benzinga Pro breaking news platform.
- Axiom's Gordon Johnson on Benzinga's PreMarket Prep Says Tesla/SolarCity Deal 'Makes No Sense'
- Axiom's Johnson Says He Talked with SolarCity Two Months Ago and Asked If a Deal is Possible, Mgmt Replied 'No'
- Axiom's Johnson Says SolarCity 'is Tumbling Toward What We Think Could Be a Liquidity Event'
- Axiom's Johnson Says Potential SolarCity Liquidity Event 'Would Be a Black Eye for Elon Musk and Could Potentially Limit His Ability to Raise the Billions He Needs for Tesla'
- Axiom's Johnson on Tesla/SolarCity Deal: There Are Synergies, 'But We See This Deal as Very Non Sensical'
- Axiom's Johnson Discussing Recent Musk Comments About Expansion of Green/Solar Customer Base: Questions 'How Many of [Those Customers] Are Already Fluent in Green Energy, Already Have a Solar System...'
- Axiom's Johnson, Commenting on Musk's Assumption of an Expanded Green User Base, Says 'We'd Be Surprised If Customer Base was 10K. This Idea [a SolarCity/Tesla] Deal Would Create New Customer Base is Fictitious'
- Axiom's Johnson Says Tesla 'Will Have to Learn to Sell a Whole Bunch of New Things' If SolarCity Deal Goes Through, Means Costs Will Go Up If Combination Happens
SolarCity shares last traded at $23.74, down about 0.8 percent from Thursday afternoon's close. Shares of Tesla, impacted in extended-hours trading by late-Thursday news of an NHTSA investigation into a fatal autopilot crash, have traded up about a quarter of a percent to $212.56.
Benzinga's PreMarket Prep show runs every weekend, Monday through Friday, starting at 8 a.m. EDT and ending around 9:30 a.m. EDT. To listen to the clip of Johnson's comments from Friday morning, scroll down.
Latest Ratings for TSLA
|Mar 2017||Deutsche Bank||Maintains||Hold||Hold|
|Mar 2017||Bernstein||Initiates Coverage On||Market Perform|
|Feb 2017||Goldman Sachs||Downgrades||Neutral||Sell|
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.