In a report published on Wednesday, H.C. Wainwright looked into the small-cap technology sector.
The firm listed the companies with the highest and lowest price-to-sales and price-to-earnings ratios, and goes through the most relevant news in the segment.
In addition, the report analyzes short interest.
The small-cap tech stocks with the highest short interest ratios, according to Wainwright, are:
10) Neonode, Inc NEON is the tenth most shorted stock, with a short interest ratio of 18.7 percent. The stock trades at 7.35 times the company's fiscal 2015 sales.
9) Rubicon Technology, Inc. RBCN's ratio reaches 19.9 percent. The stock trades at 2.15 times the company's fiscal 2015 sales.
8) Nuverra Environmental Solutions Inc NES's ratio is 20 percent, while the P/S ratio is 0.2x.
7) Monster Worldwide, Inc. MWW has a short interest ratio of 21.7 percent and a P/S ratio of 0.76x.
6) Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc OMEX's ratio ascends to 21.8 percent, while the P/S ratio stands at 1.7x.
5) PhotoMedex Inc PHMD's short interest ratio stands at 22 percent, while P/S is barely 0.14x.
4) TASER International, Inc. TASR's stock is shorted at a ratio of 25 percent, and trades at 6.44 times the company's sales.
3) ExOne Co XONE has a 25.9 percent short interest ratio. Shares trade at 3.29 times the company's earnings.
2) KEYW Holding Corp. KEYW's short interest ratio climbed to 28.3 percent. The stock trades at 0.88x P/S.
1) Ebix Inc EBIX's stock is the most shorted of its peers, with a 35.6 percent short interest ratio. Its stock trades at 4.21 times the company's earnings.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.