What J C Penney Is Doing To Attract Shoppers
In a look at what J C Penney Company Inc (NYSE: JCP) has done to revamp its store appeal, Brian Sozzi took a tour at one of the test stores at Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, New York.
Here are his seven key takeaways:
- Wider Selection of Electronics and Toys This Year
- More Impulse Holiday Gifts
- Traditional Furniture Styles Are Back En Vogue
- Traditional Colors Are Back in the Apparel Section
- Top-Selling Departments Are Easier to Find
- Gift Cards Are More Seasonal
- Surprising Discounts on Name Brands When You Open an Account
J C Penney is hoping to best last year's 2 percent holiday sales gains, with expectations of fourth-quarter same-store sales to increase by 2 to 4 percent this year.
Shares were lower by 0.6 percent at $7.81.
Latest Ratings for JCP
|Feb 2017||Morgan Stanley||Upgrades||Underweight||Equal-Weight|
|Feb 2017||Susquehanna||Initiates Coverage On||Positive|
|Jan 2017||Credit Suisse||Downgrades||Neutral||Underperform|
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.