Market Overview

Analysts Unfazed By VF Corp's Slower Growth

Share:

Despite slower growth at key sportswear brands, VF Corp's (NYSE: VFC) recent third-quarter performance drew applause from Wall Street analysts.

Growth slowed to 11 percent, from 16 percent in the second quarter at the company's outdoor and action sports segment.

The segment, which includes the North Face and Timberland brands, accounted for nearly two-thirds of the company's $3.52 billion in revenue for the recent period.

VF's "jeanswear" segment, which includes the Lee and Wrangler brands, continued to grow at a 1 percent rate with sales topping $605 million, while total revenue grew 7 percent, compared with 8 percent in the previous period.

D.A. Davidson's Andrew Burns rates VF a Buy and said the growth slowdown "appears temporary" and stemmed from a shift in outdoors shipment timing into the fourth quarter" in Europe. Burns boosted his target to $78 from $75.

Bank of America's Robert F. Ohmes thinks fourth-quarter revenue growth will top 10 percent. The shift in outdoor shipments to the fourth quarter, improved sales in China and gains in department-store sales of jeans will help sales growth, Ohmes said.

Ohmes, who maintained a Buy rating and $73 target, nonetheless trimmed his 2015 earnings forecast by 1.4 percent citing a weaker Euro and higher costs for synthetic textiles.

Latest Ratings for VFC

DateFirmActionFromTo
Sep 2019MaintainsNeutral
May 2019MaintainsNeutral
May 2019Initiates Coverage OnBuy

View More Analyst Ratings for VFC
View the Latest Analyst Ratings

Posted-In: Andrew BurnsAnalyst Color Earnings News Price Target Reiteration Retail Sales Analyst Ratings

 

Related Articles (VFC)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Latest Ratings

StockFirmActionPT
LOWRBC CapitalMaintains129.0
MARRBC CapitalMaintains148.0
CRLSunTrust Robinson HumphreyMaintains162.0
CFRSunTrust Robinson HumphreyMaintains105.0
ZYNEJefferiesAssumes11.0
View the Latest Analytics Ratings
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com

Apple's iCloud Attacked By Chinese Hackers; Beijing Denies Responsibility

Deutsche Bank Says 'Keep Calm And Focus On Revenue' For Yelp