Some Highlights from 'Delivering Alpha' Conference: Chanos, Paulson, Cooperman, Kingdon, Hohn
CNBC's "Delivering Alpha" conference is making waves Wednesday. Below are some highlights from the presentations/interviews.
Jim Chanos of Kynikos
- Likes the Japanese auto market/stocks;
- Says still shorting Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ);
- Opened short on Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT); and,
- Believes the M&A interest in Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) has "put value in the PC area."
John Paulson of Paulson & Co.
- Believes the "rationale for owning gold is valid,";
- Still sees "a lot of upside in housing market,";
- Feels Realogy (NASDAQ: RLGY) is a good way to play the housing recovery; and,
- Called Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) a likely takeover target in the Cable sector.
Leon Cooperman of Omega Advisors
- Called the equity market a "zone of fair valuation,";
- Sees returns in the market as "likely to be less going forward,"; and,
- Likes Express Scripts (NASDAQ: ESRX), QUALCOMM (NASDAQ: QCOM), Thermo Fisher (NYSE: TMO), SandRidge (NYSE: SD), Arbor Realty (NYSE: ABR), Chimera Investment (NYSE: CIM).
Mark Kingdon of Kingdon Capital
Chris Hohn of Children's Investment Fund
- Believes Porsche and Volkswagen to be merged within a year.
© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.