Top Percentage Gainers and Losers as of 2pm 05/13/11 (ABIO, GFRE, DDS, APL, DF, VRML, DAR, SWSH, ONTY, GS, RMBS, LPHI, GGS, CA, NVDA, IMRS, MNTX, MPG, GTY)
1) ARCA biopharma (NASDAQ: ABIO): Trading up 32.4% from yesterday's close to $2.48. Shares have traded over seven times its average daily volume in today's session.
2) Gulf Resources (NASDAQ: GFRE): Trading up 16.7% from yesterday's close to $3.15. Gulf Resources published its final response to allegations of fraud, which were made by Glaucus Research and distributed by Seeking Alpha. Shares recently set a 52-week low ($2.69) on April 26th.
3) Dillard's (NYSE: DDS): Trading up 14.3% from yesterday's close to $55.55. Dillard's reported earnings of $1.37 versus estimates of $0.91. Sales came in at $1.469 billion versus expectations of $1.47 billion. Shares hit a new 52-week high of $56.76 earlier in the session.
4) Atlas Pipeline Partners (NYSE: APL): Trading up 12% from yesterday's close to $36.10. Atlas reported Q1 earnings of $0.65 per share on $304.9 million in revenue.
5) Dean Foods (NYSE: DF): Trading up 11% from yesterday's close to $13.64. Dean Foods was upgraded from Neutral to Buy at Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS). Goldman cited potential margin improvement and a strengthening balance sheet as reasons for the upgrade.
Other Notable Gainers
Vermillion (NASDAQ: VRML): Trading up 10% from yesterday's close to $6.42. A positive report regarding Vermillion's OVA1 blood test was released by Obstetrics & Genecology. Shares had been up as much as 30% from yesterday's close earlier in the session.
Darling International (NYSE: DAR): Trading up 8.3% from yesterday's close to $17.08. Darling International reported earnings of $0.43 per share versus estimates of $0.29 per share. Revenue came in at $439.9 million versus estimates of $371.3 million.
Swisher Hygiene (NASDAQ: SWSH): Trading up 7% from yesterday's close to $6.05. The company is set to announce earnings on Monday, May 16th.
Oncothyreon (NASDAQ: ONTY): Trading up 6.4% from yesterday's close to $5.85. The stock has already traded four times its average daily volume. Shares set a 52-week high of $6.01 earlier in the session.
1) Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS): Trading down 16% from yesterday's close to $16.20. A patent case win against Hynix Semiconductor was vacated by a U.S. Appeals Court. The Appeals court also ordered the trial court to investigate whether or not the company wrongfully destroyed documents relating to the Hynix Case. Trading in Rambus has been halted six times in today's session.
2) Life Partners Holdings (NASDAQ: LPHI): Trading down 13.4% from yesterday's close to $6.22. Life Partners received a “Wells notice” stating that the staff of the SEC will advise the SEC to initiate a civil case against the company for possible violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
3) Global Geophysical Services (NYSE: GGS): Trading down 11.9% from yesterday's close to $14.81. Shares started out the session in positive territory, but started coming under heavy selling pressure beginning at 10:20 EST.
4) CA (NASDAQ: CA): Trading down 9.8% from yesterday's close to $22.60. CA reported earnings of $0.37 per share versus $0.50 estimates. CA announced plans to sell its internet security business to Updata Partners.
5) NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA): Trading down 9.6% from yesterday's close to $18.54. NVIDIA reported Q1 earnings of $0.22 per share versus estimates of $0.19 per share. Gross margins for the second quarter came in less than anticipated. Shares of the company were downgraded from Buy to Hold by Needham.
Other Notable Losers
Imris (NASDAQ: IMRS): Trading down 8.5% from yesterday's close to $7.55. Imris posted a Q1 loss of $0.10 per share versus a profit of $0.06 for the same period last year. Revenue came in at $11.057 million versus last year's $12.057 million.
Manitex International (NASDAQ: MNTX): Trading down 8.6% from yesterday's close to $5.35. Shares have dropped 16% since reporting earnings on May 11th.
MPG Office Trust (NYSE: MPG): Trading down 7% from yesterday's close to $2.95. Shares have lost 11% since reporting earnings on May 10th.
Getty Realty (NYSE: GTY): Trading down 6.2% from yesterday's close to $24.06. Shares have lost 7% since reporting earnings on May 11th.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.