Zynga Just Lost Another 23 Million Users
In roughly 20 days, Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) said goodbye to 23 million users.
According to AppData, an independent firm that measures metrics and trends for various applications, Zynga currently has 270.8 million MAUs (monthly active users). On December 7, the company had 293.9 million MAUs.
This has been the ongoing trend for Zynga, which has lost more than 74 percent of its value this year. The company loses an average of one million users a day.
Over the last week, six of Zynga's top 10 games lost players:
1. FarmVille 2 (lost 1.1 million MAUs)
2. Texas HoldEm Poker (gained 100,000 MAUs)
3. ChefVille (lost 700,000 MAUs)
4. Bubble Safari (lost 700,000 MAUs)
5. CityVille 2 (lost 6.6 million MAUs)
6. Bubble Safari Ocean (gained 11.5 million MAUs)
7. FarmVille (lost two million MAUs)
8. Words With Friends (gained 100,000 MAUs)
9. Zynga Slingo (lost 700,000 MAUs)
10. CastleVille (gained 700,000 MAUs)
Zynga could attempt to salvage its business by offering a HumbleBundle collection of its games. However, Zynga does not have many games to sell. The majority of its users come for the freebie farming experience.
With an intraday market cap of more than $1.8 billion, Zynga could last a while longer -- or net a hefty sum of cash in the event of a buyout. At the rate things are going, however, the company's MAUs could be completely depleted by 2014.
Follow me @LouisBedigianBZ
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.