FCA US Offers Multiple Exhibits and Family Fun at the 2016 State Fair of Texas
DALLAS, Sept. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid minivans offer unprecedented functionality and style
- Dodge shakes things up with the ultimate performance 2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
- FIAT brand expansion continues with the all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider roadster
- Jeep® brand celebrates the unparalleled capability and luxury with the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and 75th Anniversary Jeep Wrangler
- Ram Truck brand makes powerful statements with the 2017 Ram 1500 Night edition and new 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
- Interactive displays include 360-degree virtual reality experience, Dodge Viper driving simulator, rock climbing, photo ops, mechanical bull riding and more
FCA US LLC will roll into the 2016 State Fair of Texas Auto Show this week, Sept. 30, with a variety of displays and interactive experiences, featuring Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brand vehicles.
"The State Fair of Texas provides a great opportunity to not only showcase our newest vehicles, but demonstrate how our brands uniquely meet the needs and preferences of Texans," Mike Dragojevic, Director of the Southwest Business Center, FCA US, said. "We also provide a lot of fun experiences in our displays with a Dodge Viper driving simulator, huge rock climbing wall, entertaining photo ops, mechanical bull riding and a new 360-degree Virtual Reality Test Drive Experience in the Ram truck display."
As the recent winner of the "Family Car of Texas" at the annual Texas Auto Roundup, a competitive car event hosted by the Texas Auto Writers Media Association (TAWA), the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica reinvents the minivan segment with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling. Re-engineered from the ground up on an all-new platform, the Pacifica delivers class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains to the minivan segment. With more than 100 available safety and security features, the all-new Uconnect Theater rear seat entertainment system, tri-pane panoramic sunroof, and a full array of comfort, convenience and driver assistance technologies, the Chrysler Pacifica is a no-compromises minivan ideally suited for today's families. The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is expected to deliver up to 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in city driving.
The FIAT brand display will feature the latest addition to the Fiat lineup, the all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider. The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider revives the storied nameplate, bringing its classic Italian styling and performance to a new generation. Paying homage to the original 124 Spider nearly 50 years after its introduction, the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience with driving excitement, technology and safety combined with iconic design. The 124 Spider is available in three trim levels: Classica, Lusso or, for performance enthusiasts, Abarth. The all-new Fiat 124 Spider is available at FIAT studios in North America now.
Building upon their rich heritage of performance, muscle cars and innovative engineering, the Dodge and SRT performance brands will showcase the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever, the 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. Taking the performance coupe world by storm, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat features the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Hellcat V-8 engine, which produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, a top speed of 199 miles per hour and a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-certified, quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.2 seconds on stock Pirelli P Zero tires. With drag radials, the Challenger SRT Hellcat's ¼-mile run drops to just 10.8 seconds. On top of that, Challenger also achieves up to 22 mpg on the highway. Add in the aggressive and functional exterior styling, race-inspired interior and the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat takes the muscle car segment to a level once unthinkable.
The Jeep brand returns to the Texas State Fair Auto Show with a full lineup of new and award-winning SUVs. To celebrate the unparalleled history of the legendary Jeep brand, the display will feature the luxurious 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and the ultimate in capability with the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. The display also will feature a 75th anniversary special-edition 2017 Jeep Wrangler featuring Jeep-exclusive green exterior paint, Low Gloss Bronze wheels, bronze and orange exterior accents, unique interiors, including exclusive seats with embossed 75th anniversary logo and a 75th anniversary exterior badge. Fair goers will enjoy a full lineup of vehicles with top designations from TAWA's Auto Roundup: Jeep Grand Cherokee, "Mid-Size SUV of Texas"; Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, "Mid-Size Luxury SUV of Texas"; Jeep Cherokee, "Compact SUV of Texas"; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, "Off-Road Utility Vehicle of Texas" and Jeep Renegade "Compact Crossover Utility Vehicle of Texas."
Ram Truck Brand
Ram, Texas' longest-lasting truck, will pack its indoor and outdoor display areas with a broad lineup of new-for-2017 models, features and trims making their first auto show appearance at the State Fair of Texas. Truck enthusiasts will want to get a close-up look at the new 2017 Ram 1500 Night package with its straight-from-the-factory customized look. Based on the Sport model, the Ram 1500 Night adds blacked-out features, including 20-inch aluminum wheels, grille and badging, to pump up the already bold visual presence of the Ram's monochromatic performance package. A crowd favorite, the 2017 Ram Power Wagon receives all-new exterior and interior design elements to complement its unmatched off-road capabilities. Based on the Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4 Crew Cab, the Power Wagon features a number of off-road-specific enhancements, including a unique suspension with more than 2 inches of lift, locking differentials and a 12,000-pound winch, giving this beast a significant advantage over all production pickups. Also among the first-time showings, the Texas-themed Laramie Longhorn will show off a new luxury grille and chrome highlights. The top-of-the-line Ram Limited, now offered with black tailgate logo and side steps will be featured. Ram also promises attendees a few surprises that will be certain to make every truck shopper's "must see" list.
Free, Interactive Experiences for State Fair Attendees
The FCA indoor and outdoor displays will feature a number of fun experiences for fairgoers with Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT vehicles.
- Ram Truck Zone Indoor and Outdoor: The indoor Ram Truck display will feature a 360-degree virtual reality experience where fairgoers will put on VR (virtual reality) headsets to "participate" in three unique in-truck VR experiences that transport them from the show floor to a Texas horse ranch in a Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, to Texas hill country in a Ram 1500 Rebel and to the city streets of Austin in a Ram 1500 Limited. The outdoor Ram Truck display includes Big Red, a photo opportunity with a preserved Longhorn steer and mechanical "ram" ride. Guests who dare to ride the ram in the Ram Truck Zone will get to keep their rodeo "back number" as a souvenir. Visitors can also test their strength at the Ram High Striker, a classic "ring-the-bell" carnival midway game, and climb a 26-foot high rock wall. For fair attendees that enjoy winning prizes, the Ram Box Bobber Guessing Sweeps offers a chance to win a Texas State lifetime hunting and fishing license and the Ally Auto Trivia Test offers some prizes too.
- Shadow Family Decals: Visitors can pose with their family and friends, holding the brand logo of their choice, then receive a white vinyl silhouette decal to apply to their vehicle's back window
- Fun Photo Op: A green screen offers fairgoers a choice of vehicles, scenes and props. The scene is superimposed onto the photo, then e-mailed to the participant as a keepsake or to post on social media.
- Dodge Viper Simulator Challenge: Participants can test their track time while "driving" an actual Viper staged in front of three panoramic video screens and featuring realistic sound effects. It is a real-life, behind-the-wheel experience without leaving the auto show floor.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands, as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-offers-multiple-exhibits-and-family-fun-at-the-2016-state-fair-of-texas-300334107.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC