Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico Reports Passenger Traffic Increase of 16.3% for the Month of May
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE: PAC) (BMV:GAP) ("the Company" or "GAP") announced preliminary terminal passenger traffic figures for the month of May 2016, compared to traffic figures for May 2015.
During May 2016, total terminal passengers increased 16.3% in the 13 airports, compared to the same period of the previous year. Domestic passenger traffic presented a 22.3% increase, while international passenger traffic increased 7.7%.
The following items are May highlights from traffic results:
- Seats and Load Factor: In May 2016, GAP registered a 10.9% increase in the number of seats compared to May 2015. Load factor for the month rose by 4 percentage points, from 81.1% in May 2015 to 85.1% in May 2016.
- New Routes: Los Cabos to Tijuana and Tijuana to Chihuahua by Aeromexico.
- Guadalajara: During the month of May, the domestic market was the main growth generator at the Guadalajara airport with a 19.4% increase.
- Puerto Vallarta: May marked the 37th month of continuous growth for this airport; Southwest airlines contributed the most growth at this airport with 27 thousand new seats operating during the month of May.
- Los Cabos: Load factors at this airport reached historic record levels at 87.5%.
- Tijuana: In 2016, this airport experienced the highest percentage growth among the 10 top traffic airports in Mexico. All airlines reported passenger increases in May, with Volaris and VivaAerobus being the airlines with the most growth reported, reaching 72 thousand and 32 thousand additional passengers, respectively.
- Montego Bay: This airport reported stable traffic performance. In June of this year, Thomson Airlines will operate a new seasonal route from Dublin, Ireland, once per week during the summer months.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (GAP) operates 12 airports throughout Mexico's Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six other mid-sized cities: Hermosillo, Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP's shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "PAC" and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "GAP". In April 2015 GAP acquired 100% of Desarrollo de Concesiones Aeroportuarias, S.L., which owns a majority stake of MBJ Airports Limited, a company operating the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, and are based on management's current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, company performance and financial results. The words "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "plans" and similar expressions, as they relate to the company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial conditions, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
In accordance with Section 806 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and article 42 of the "Ley del Mercado de Valores", GAP has implemented a "whistleblower" program, which allows complainants to anonymously and confidentially report suspected activities that may involve criminal conduct or violations. The telephone number in Mexico, facilitated by a third party that is in charge of collecting these complaints, is 01-800-563-0047. The web site is http://www.lineadedenuncia.com/gap. GAP's Audit Committee will be notified of all complaints for immediate investigation.
For more information please visit www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Saúl Villarreal García, Chief Financial Officer
Paulina Sánchez Muñiz, Investor Relations Officer
52 (33) 38801100
In the U.S.
i-advize Corporate Communications
212-406-3691 / 212-406-3694