Uconnect Vehicle User Guide Application Available in the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- The all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, the most technologically equipped minivan, now features Uconnect Vehicle User Guide application
- Application allows drivers to view and explore their owner's vehicle information via the Uconnect 8.4-inch touch screen
- Vehicle User Guide application offers convenient, easy and enhanced search and browsing capability for vehicle information
- Vehicle owners have access to crucial information that includes operating instructions, warranty information, fluid level standards, icon and symbol glossary and much more
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, the most technologically equipped vehicle of its kind, now features Uconnect Vehicle User Guide, a pre-installed and complimentary application that allows drivers to easily view and explore their owner's vehicle information via the Uconnect 8.4-inch touch screen. The Uconnect Vehicle User Guide application debuted first in the 2016 Dodge Charger, Challenger and Chrysler 300.
"The Vehicle User Guide application is a great addition to the array of comfort and convenience technologies available in the all-new Chrysler Pacifica," said Tricia Hecker, Head of Connected Services, FCA – Global. "The Vehicle User Guide application minimizes the everyday stresses by providing drivers with effortless accessibility of their vehicle information."
At a touch of a button, drivers can access the Vehicle User Guide application located in the Uconnect apps manager menu and use it as a quick reference guide. Owners find vehicle information using various methods including browse by category, discover vehicle via visual search, search by text keyword, or search via traditional index. For the browse by category feature, the main menu is comprised of four key categories:
- Vehicle Operation – operating instructions for key functions such as driving controls, comfort and convenience controls, safety and security, utility and reference essentials for new owners
- Uconnect Radio, Phone & Navigation – operating instructions for key functions such as radio and audio controls, phone pairing and usage, navigation and map routing and voice commands
- Vehicle Maintenance – inspection and maintenance information for key categories such as maintenance schedules, fluids and capacities, tire pressures and care recommendations
- Emergency & Support – emergency and reference information for key categories such as customer and roadside assistance, warning lights and indicators, emergency procedures and vehicle warranty coverage
The Uconnect and Powertrain portions of the application are dynamic and will only present VIN and vehicle-specific information. The content also can be updated over-the-air so the owner information will remain current.
Launched in 2003, Uconnect systems are FCA's in-vehicle connectivity center, all designed to keep consumers connected, entertained and most importantly – focused on the road.
Each FCA vehicle comes equipped with a Uconnect system that provides drivers with a range of available communication, navigation, entertainment features and connected services, including:
- Hands-free calling or texting solutions that keep drivers productive, talking and connected
- Entertainment and audio options that include AM, FM, HD or satellite radio, Bluetooth streaming audio, CD Player, USB, SD Card and AUX Port
- Navigation options that help provide a stress-free commute with easy access to points of interest, well-designed maps and turn-by-turn directions that are broadcast over the vehicle's audio system
An included trial of Uconnect Access services also is available on properly equipped vehicles. These real-time services include a monthly vehicle health report, vehicle health alert, a smartphone app that enables owners to remotely lock, unlock or start their vehicle, locate their vehicle and more; 9-1-1 and Assist Buttons on the rear-view mirror that'll connect vehicle owners to help at the push of a button; Yelp Search, voice texting, the ability to purchase a Wi-Fi hotspot for a day, week or a month.
Uconnect Access via Mobile provides drivers with enhanced Bluetooth Audio Streaming experience by providing access to Pandora, iHeartRadio, Slacker and Aha Internet radio via the Uconnect system's 8.4-inch touch screen.
Vehicle owners can access and control their Uconnect system's features and services by using voice recognition technology, steering wheel controls, touch screens or traditional knobs and buttons.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands, as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uconnect-vehicle-user-guide-application-available-in-the-all-new-2017-chrysler-pacifica-300238182.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC