Webcast Metrics® Ranks the Top Digital Audio Properties for January 2016
Triton Digital®, a leading technology provider for the audio industry, today released its monthly Ranker for January 2016, providing insights into the month's top streaming audio providers, as well as listening trends for the month of January.
Key findings from the January 2016 Ranker include:
- All measured clients within the Domestic U.S. reported a total of 4,493,745 Average Active Sessions (AAS) during the Monday-Friday 6:00AM-8:00PM daypart, and 3,693,236 AAS during the Monday-Sunday 6:00AM-Midnight daypart.
- 37 percent of listening took place on an iOS device, followed by Android at 30 percent, Google Chrome at 10 percent and Flash at 9 percent. (M-F 6A-8P)
- When compared to January 2015, Average Active Sessions (AAS) grew in both the Domestic Monday-Friday 6:00AM-8:00pm daypart (14 percent) and the Domestic Monday-Sunday 6:00AM-Midnight daypart (11.3 percent).
- When compared to December 2015, the Country format showed the largest listening gain with a 28.7 percent increase in AAS, followed by Classic Rock (22.2 percent), Top 40 (20.3 percent), Sports (19.8 percent), News/Talk (17.3 percent) and Hot AC (15.6 percent).
- Looking at the top 20 markets, Seattle showed the largest listening gain from December 2015 with a 29.5 percent increase in AAS, followed by Tampa (26.9 percent), San Diego (26.6 percent), Denver (23.2 percent) and Miami (22.7 percent).
Full results of the January 2016 Ranker can be found here:
Triton Digital's Monthly Ranker is a listing of its top 20 clients' digital audio stations and networks measured by the Media Rating Council (MRC) accredited Webcast Metrics® audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics uses a proprietary platform to track audience data and convert it to audience metrics that can be easily understood by stations, publishers and advertisers. Unlike other measurement solutions, Triton's Webcast Metrics information is based on census data, rather than consumer surveys, providing the most accurate information.
About Triton Digital
Triton Digital's® (http://www.tritondigital.com/) technology has connected audio supply to advertising demand since 2006, providing the technical backbone for the digital audio marketplace. The company's innovative technology enables both live and on-demand publishers to build audience and revenue globally. As a pioneer in the space, Triton Digital has made that audience available programmatically for the first time, maximizing audience buying efficiency for advertisers across the world.
Kristin Charron, 866-448-4037