Webcast Metrics® Ranks the Top Digital Audio Properties for December 2015
Triton Digital®, a leading technology provider for the audio industry, today released its monthly Ranker for December 2015, providing insights into the month's top streaming audio providers, as well as listening trends for both the month of December and 2015 as a whole.
Key findings from the December 2015 Ranker include:
- All measured clients within the Domestic U.S. reported a total of 4,464,545 Average Active Sessions (AAS) during the Monday-Friday 6:00AM-8:00PM daypart, and 3,765,321 AAS during the Monday-Sunday 6:00AM-Midnight daypart.
- 39 percent of listening took place on an iOS device, followed by Android at 30 percent, Google Chrome at 9 percent and Flash at 8 percent. (M-F 6A-8P)
- When compared to November 2015, the Holiday format showed the largest listening gains with a 321.5 percent increase in AAS, followed by Oldies (29 percent), Modern Adult Contemporary (25.1 percent), Adult Contemporary (17.4 percent), Alt/Modern Rock (14.3 percent), and Classic Hits (10.6 percent). This trend is typical for this time period, as many stations change to the Holiday format right after Thanksgiving.
Key insights and trends from 2015 include:
- Overall streaming reached an all-time high in 2015. Over the course of the year, Average Active Sessions increased by 13.3 percent for the Domestic Monday-Friday 6:00AM-8:00PM daypart and by 13.6 percent for the Domestic Monday-Sunday 6:00AM-Midnight daypart.
- In breaking out mobile and desktop listening, we again saw impressive year-over-year growth in mobile listening. AAS on mobile increased by 22.2 percent (M-F 6A-8P), while desktop increased by 5.2 percent.
Full results of the December 2015 Ranker can be found here:
Triton Digital's Monthly Ranker is a listing of its top 20 clients' digital audio stations and networks measured by the Media Rating Council (MRC) accredited Webcast Metrics® audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics uses a proprietary platform to track audience data and convert it to audience metrics that can be easily understood by stations, publishers and advertisers. Unlike other measurement solutions, Triton's Webcast Metrics information is based on census data, rather than consumer surveys, providing the most accurate information.
About Triton Digital
Triton Digital's® (http://www.tritondigital.com/) technology has connected audio supply to advertising demand since 2006, providing the technical backbone for the digital audio marketplace. The company's innovative technology enables both live and on-demand publishers to build audience and revenue globally. As a pioneer in the space, Triton Digital has made that audience available programmatically for the first time, maximizing audience buying efficiency for advertisers across the world.
Kristin Charron, 866-448-4037