Woodloch Pines Resort Kicks Off the Holiday Season by Giving Back
HAWLEY, Pa., Nov. 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The holiday season is always festive at Woodloch Resort, an award-winning family resort in the Pocono Mountains. Annual traditions that guests love, such as Yule Log Hunts, carriage rides, light shows, festive decorations, and Winter Olympics, abound. One of the resort's most important traditions, however, began just three years ago with the inception of its 12 Days of Giving program, the goal of which is to focus on the true spirit of the holidays – the spirit of giving back.
"Year after year, Woodloch feels very fortunate to be in a position to give back to those who need it most during our 12 Days of Giving effort. We recognize the giving spirit that prevails during the holidays is contagious, and our hope is always that others catch on and contribute in their own ways. Kindness and generosity are what the world needs now more than ever," explains John Kiesendahl, owner and CEO of Woodloch Pines.
12 Days of Giving has only grown and expanded since its original creation, and the team at Woodloch Pines has developed new ways to give back to the local, national, and even international community. The exciting additions are listed below:
- Brightening Birthdays – With the help of the national organization Volunteers of America, Woodloch will be throwing a birthday party for some very deserving children at a New York City homeless shelter. Woodloch staff will organize and play games with the children as well as provide decorations and baked goods from the resort's very own bakery.
- Hero Appreciation – Woodloch staff will spread holiday cheer and offer thanks by bringing homemade baked goods to fire stations in Long Island, NY.
- Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania Arts & Crafts Drive – Woodloch's Social Department will collect donated arts and crafts supplies for children being treated at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Ronald McDonald House Dinner – Members of the Woodloch team will go to the Ronald McDonald house in Scranton and prepare a homemade meal for 20 residents of the home.
- Salvation Army Coffee Drop – The Woodloch Social Staff will be stationed outside the local Salvation Army location, handing out hot coffee and Woodloch Bakery sweets to workers, shoppers and donors.
- Operation Christmas Child – Shoeboxes filled with shoes, toys, and school supplies that Woodloch staff has been collecting will be delivered to children around the world.
- Winter Clothing Drive – Woodloch Pines staff has set up collection boxes around the resort to gather new and gently used winter clothing items, such as coats, hats, boots, and gloves, which will go to shelters in the local area.
- Angel Tree – Staff members can purchase holiday gifts for children in need by choosing an ornament from the tree, located in the staff lunchroom.
- Show on the Road – The Woodloch Crew will perform a strolling Christmas show through a local senior center.
- Thank an Employee – The Woodloch Family will reward randomly selected employees with a few extra dollars for the holidays.
- Fill Up Gas Tanks – Woodloch staff will hand out Mobile gas cards to unsuspecting drivers who pull into The Market at Woodloch to fill up.
- Cooking Class– The culinary team at Woodloch Pines will be providing a cooking class to local senior centers from the Hawley, Hamlin, and Honesdale areas. Avery Bus will provide transportation to Woodloch Pines for all participants free of charge.
Holiday packages are available every weekend during the month of December with all-inclusive adult rates starting at $199 per night/per person. More information can be found at woodloch.com.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort's signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone's taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa are just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York City nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region. For additional information, call Woodloch Pines at 1.800.WOODLOCH or online at woodloch.com.