FCA US Brands Receive Top Honors From the Texas Auto Writers Association
SAN ANTONIO, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram, Jeep® and Dodge brands pull ahead of the competition in head-to-head matchup with improved quality, craftsmanship, powertrains, performance
- Jeep brand SUVs victorious in every category entered
- Ram 1500 reclaims Full-size Pickup Truck of Texas title
- Ram 2500 wins Heavy Duty Pickup Truck of Texas for the third consecutive year
- Jeep Grand Cherokee beats its competition for sixth consecutive year
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit wins its luxury category for fifth consecutive year
- Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Cherokee take titles for three consecutive years
- Jeep Renegade wins Compact Crossover Utility Vehicle award
- Dodge Durango reclaims Full-size SUV of Texas award
- FCA US brands take home the most awards of any manufacturer at the annual competition
Ram, Jeep® and Dodge brands won several accolades this year at the Texas Truck Rodeo hosted by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA).
After two days of challenging on- and off-road driving, TAWA members voted for the best-performing vehicles and FCA US brands secured eight of 24 awards, the most of any manufacturer at the event.
"The Truck Rodeo was extremely competitive this year with a record number of media and vehicle entries, so it's impressive that the FCA brands received top awards in numerous categories," Michael Marrs, TAWA president, said. "The Jeep brand SUVs continue to be favorites among TAWA voters, as every Jeep SUV won its category again this year. In addition, the Ram and Dodge brands also reclaimed titles."
A total of 88 pickups, SUVs, crossovers and commercial vehicles were entered in the competition and 69 TAWA members judged the event. Members cast their votes after two days of on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling and off-road capability to the entrant's overall utility, value and performance.
FCA brands receiving awards at the 2015 Texas Truck Rodeo were:
Mid-Size SUV: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mid-Size Luxury SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Compact SUV: 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Off-Road Utility Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Compact Crossover Utility Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Renegade
Full-Size SUV: 2015 Dodge Durango
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-brands-receive-top-honors-from-the-texas-auto-writers-association-300158332.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC