Simon Goes 'Mission Pink®' with Susan G. Komen® to Fight Breast Cancer
Simon Malls, The Mills® and Premium Outlets® to Participate in 2015 National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
INDIANAPOLIS, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon, a global leader in retail real estate, today announced a national engagement with Susan G. Komen® to support the fight against breast cancer. Participating Simon Malls, The Mills® and Simon Premium Outlets® nationwide will engage employees, retailers and shoppers in 'Mission Pink®' events throughout the month of October.
"As active members in the communities we serve, Simon Malls, The Mills and Premium Outlets provide an ideal backdrop for raising awareness and encouraging support in finding a cure for breast cancer, a disease we know affects many of our employees, retailers and shoppers every year," said Krystal Zell, Simon's Senior Vice President of Field Marketing. "Simon has supported Susan G. Komen events for years on a center by center basis and it is very exciting to raise our level of engagement so that all of our shopping centers can participate."
"We are delighted to be working with the dedicated people at Simon," said Dr. Judy Salerno, Komen President and CEO. "With one case of breast cancer diagnosed every two minutes in the U.S., programs like Simon's 'Mission Pink' play a key role in bringing our mission to people in communities across the country. The support of Simon and their customers will help us fund research, provide support to women, men and families suffering from breast cancer, and move toward a world with no breast cancer."
Visitors to participating Simon Malls, The Mills or Premium Outlets will notice the pink theme carried out at Simon Guest Services Booths and staff will be honoring National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donning pink accessories. Other planned activities include:
- Message of Strength: Provide an opportunity for survivors, supporters and their families to visually articulate what gives them strength during their fight with breast cancer.
- Voucher Program: At select Simon Mills and Premium Outlets, $10 voucher cards, available at Guest Services, will offer 25 percent off one item at all participating retailers. One hundred percent of these donations will benefit Komen.
- Style Passes: At select Simon Malls, shoppers can purchase a Style Pass containing retailer discounts for $5 with 100 percent of these donations benefiting Komen.
- Local Programming: Simon centers will work with local Affiliates on additional events that are relevant to their market.
- Surprise and Delight: Generate awareness of Susan G. Komen's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by surprising randomly selected shoppers with 'Mission Pink' treats as they shop.
During October 2015, Simon is proud to support Susan G. Komen through various fundraising initiatives and, along with the help of our generous customers, will guarantee a contribution of at least $250,000.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
About Susan G. Komen®
Susan G. Komen is the world's largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $889 million in research and provided $1.95 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy's life. Visit komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN. Connect with us on social at ww5.komen.org/social.
Mission Pink® is a registered trademark of Susan G. Komen.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/simon-goes-mission-pink-with-susan-g-komen-to-fight-breast-cancer-300151991.html