Easy-to-Use Uconnect Systems Deliver an Array of State-of-the art, Innovative and Customizable Features for 2016 Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram Truck Vehicles
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Uconnect team introduces all-new features and services in properly equipped 2016 vehicles: Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free, Do Not Disturb, SiriusXM Tune Start and a Vehicle User Guide that can be viewed via the 8.4-inch touchscreen
- Improved graphics designed to incorporate individual FCA brand themes and characteristics
- Increased processing power delivers Uconnect systems overall enhanced performance
FCA US vehicles allow customers to stay connected to the information they want and need while remaining focused on the road. Each vehicle comes equipped with a Uconnect system, which can provide drivers with a range of available communication, navigation and entertainment features or connected services.
For 2016, Uconnect is introducing new features that include the all-new Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free, Do Not Disturb, SiriusXM Tune Start and a Vehicle User Guide that can be viewed via the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Click to learn more about our new Uconnect features for 2016.
In addition to several all-new innovative and customizable features, Uconnect continues to enhance the Uconnect system's graphics that are designed to incorporate individual FCA brand themes and characteristics and to visually assist drivers with navigating through the Uconnect system in a more intuitive manner.
- Drag and Drop menu bar: FCA US vehicle owners now have the ability to personalize their touchscreen controls to fit their lifestyle and have one-button access to the features and services they value most. From SiriusXM Travel Link to heated or cooled seats and Yelp Search, drivers now can simply drag their favorite feature or service icon from the apps menu and move them to their Uconnect system's main menu bar.
Click to learn more about Drag and Drop menu bar.
- Siri Eyes Free: Via the voice button on the steering wheel and compatible with an Apple iPhone 4s or later, with Siri Eyes Free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands to send text messages, play music, set reminders, place phone calls and access turn-by-turn directions. Drivers will simply push and hold the voice recognition button on the steering wheel until the Siri screen appears on the 8.4-inch touchscreen and they can hear the audible tones.
Click to learn more about Siri Eyes Free.
- Do Not Disturb: Vehicle owners who prefer not be interrupted with phone calls or text messages while driving can choose to turn on the new "Do Not Disturb" and "Reply with Text Message" feature. Located within the Uconnect system's phone screen, once enabled with a push of button or via voice command, the Do Not Disturb icon will route all incoming mobile calls to voicemail and suppress text messages. If the vehicle owner chooses to enable the Do Not Disturb feature, they also have the ability to send a default or customized response once a call or text message is received.
Click to learn more about Do Not Disturb.
- SiriusXM Tune Start: A SiriusXM feature new to FCA US customers starts songs from the beginning when switching between their favorite pre-set satellite radio channels, ensuring that drivers and passengers do not miss a beat of the songs they want to hear.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc. and subsidiaries.
Click to learn more about Sirius XM Tune Start.
The all-new Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free, Do Not Disturb and SiriusXM Tune Start features are available in the following 2016 model-year vehicles properly equipped with an 8.4-inch touchscreen:
- Chrysler 200 and 300
- Dodge Challenger, Charger, Durango and Viper
- Jeep® Cherokee and Grand Cherokee
- Ram 1500, Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab
- Vehicle User Guide: Debuting in the 2016 Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and Chrysler 300, the Vehicle User Guide allows drivers to view their owner's manual via the 8.4-inch touchscreen and to use it as a quick reference guide for vehicle information. The Uconnect and Powertrain portions of the application are dynamic and will only present VIN and vehicle specific information. The content also can be updated over-the-air so the owner information will remain current.
Click to learn more about Vehicle User Guide.
Enhanced Uconnect System Performance
Uconnect systems have been fine-tuned for 2016 to deliver even better performance. New software and voice recognition algorithms have been integrated to enhance the system's performance power, including voice recognition accuracy, calculation of navigation routes, search and playing of songs and applications engagement. Integration of a new noise cancellation software helps to increase the quality and clarity of handsfree phone calls.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/easy-to-use-uconnect-systems-deliver-an-array-of-state-of-the-art-innovative-and-customizable-features-for-2016-chrysler-jeep-dodge-and-ram-truck-vehicles-300105316.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC