The Big Bang Theory Artist Series Debuts At Comic-Con®, Featuring Original Works Inspired By The Show And Created By Select Artists From Around The World
Seven Original Pieces to Be Exhibited at the Warner Bros. Booth; Limited-Edition Litho Prints Available for Purchase Through Huckleberry
BURBANK, Calif. (PRWEB) July 17, 2013
Comic-Con fan favorite The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS) returns to San Diego in 2013, and this year, TV's #1 comedy makes its appearance at the Con not only in a Friday panel session — but also in fine art form. Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have launched The Big Bang Theory Artist Series, an exclusive collaboration with a select group of leading and emerging artists to celebrate TV's #1 comedy and its oft-imitated geek-chic aesthetic with a series of original artworks that will debut at Comic-Con.
Seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series will be exhibited in a gallery space within the Warner Bros. booth, and limited-edition litho prints of two of the selections will be available for sale at the Huckleberry booth. Exhibitions of additional pieces and artwork from the Artist Series, as well as future prints and additional merchandise based upon the series, will follow in upcoming months.
- The Studio invited artists from the U.S. and around the globe to collaborate on The Big Bang Theory Artist Series and to express their visual interpretation of the smash series, its characters and its themes. Artists from Korea, Mexico, the UK, Italy, Germany, the U.S. and more have contributed original works in a variety of mediums and styles — ranging from street art to fine art and from digital to illustration — all inspired by The Big Bang Theory.
Details on the seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series on display at the Warner Bros. booth are as follows:
- “Big Bang Cats” by Martin Hsu. San Francisco artist Martin Hsu found inspiration in the peculiar feline characteristics of cat breeds when looking for a perfect match for the eccentric Big Bang characters.
About The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Bill Prady serve as executive producers of the series, which was created by Lorre & Prady. From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS, and the seventh season premieres on September 26.
Founded in 2006, Huckleberry dedicated itself to designing well-made, imaginative products to foster fun, creative play for kids of all ages.
# # #
Warner Bros. Television
(818) 954-4855, tammy(dot)golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com
(818) 954-5062, jeff(dot)tobler(at)warnerbros(dot)com
For The Big Bang Theory
(818) 954-7608, susan(dot)kesser(at)warnerbros(dot)com
Warner Bros. Consumer Products
(818) 954-3821, janice(dot)aguilar-herrero(at)warnerbros(dot)com
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10935673.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!