RSD Releases New Version of Information Governance Solution RSD GLASS
Leading information governance solutions provider announces new version of information governance platform.
Geneva, Switzerland (PRWEB) February 21, 2013
RSD, a leading provider of information governance solutions for the enterprise today announced the release of RSD GLASS® 3.1, strengthening the capabilities of the first enterprise-grade information governance solution.
“As adoption of cloud solutions and ‘Bring Your Own Device' policies begin to proliferate, the challenge of governing content grows more complex by the minute. Organizations must understand what content they have, where it can be stored, and what they can or must destroy,” commented Bassam Zarkout, RSD Chief Technology Officer. “RSD GLASS is a patent-pending information governance platform that allows organizations to manage and control content across repositories and jurisdictions, wherever it resides. We continue to innovate to anticipate the demands of our customers. RSD GLASS 3.1 provides greater flexibility and security, allowing executives to manage and enforce policies with the most advanced governance platform to date.”
RSD GLASS is used to manage global corporate information governance programs for electronic and physical records. Using RSD GLASS, companies create corporate policies that are jurisdiction-aware. These policies are then actively enforced across organizational and jurisdictional boundaries, IT systems, content repositories, and paper archives. RSD GLASS 3.1 covers a wide range of enhancements and new features such as:
- Greater flexibility to adjust lifecycle policies for new and existing records, including the ability to retroactively apply new retention rules to existing records.
- Policies about where Information Assets can be stored, in compliance with data sovereignty requirements in some jurisdictions
- Enhanced security controls, including guaranteed information immutability regardless of repository, and new facilities to ensure that sensitive information is stored on the correct repository in a secure manner.
- Automatically pre-populate and update policies with laws and regulations for specific jurisdictions from a law service provider.
- Improved usability with enhanced performance and search capabilities, as well as new visual design themes.
“The new capabilities provided by RSD GLASS 3.1 are sure to excite our customers,” continued Zarkout. “Using RSD GLASS, customers are able to systematically enforce the governance rules across all their corporate information, regardless of where it is stored.”
RSD announces the new release on Global Information Governance Day, raising the awareness of information governance.
Founded in 1973 in Geneva, with affiliates in New York, London, Paris, Boston, Zurich and Madrid, RSD is the leading provider of information governance (IG) solutions for the enterprise. RSD products help companies reduce operating costs and risk exposure through robust information governance programs that span multiple jurisdictions and decades-long lifecycles.
RSD solutions for information governance, output management, and document archiving and retrieval support millions of users worldwide. Our products and services are offered around the globe – both directly and through strategic business partners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10454837.htmAdvertisement