Charlottesville Makes Top Ten List for Most Romantic City
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Feb. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau (CACVB) is proud to announce that our destination ranked number four on the Livability.com top-ten list for most romantic.
"Mountain views blend with historic architecture, sophisticated restaurants, a thriving performing arts scene and a storied college campus in the alluring Charlottesville, VA. Twisting roads connect the city to the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains and a collection of vineyards, many of which are open for year-round tastings. Historic sites in Charlottesville abound, perhaps the most famous being the majestic home of Thomas Jefferson. Guided tours of the University of Virginia, which Jefferson founded and designed, allow visitors to step inside the famous Rotunda and climb the stairs to what many have called the most beautiful room in America – the Dome Room. Charlottesville's performance venues, including the renovated Paramount Theater host live music, Broadway shows and other events. Large oak trees shade a brick-lined pedestrian pathway that leads to more than 120 shops and 30 restaurants in the Downtown Mall, an open-air shopping center. Many restaurants in Charlottesville offer al fresco dining during warm weather," reads the description on Livability.com.
"It is no surprise that our destination would rank in the top ten list for most romantic; with all our wineries and cideries located in the gorgeous countryside of Albemarle county, our cozy bed & breakfasts and beautiful Downtown Mall, to only name a few, we offer the perfect setting for a romantic getaway," says Kurt Burkhart, Executive Director of the CACVB.
Charlottesville and Albemarle County are wonderful to visit all year long. And in February, many of the local hotels and bed & breakfasts offer special promotions and packages that make it very alluring to come and lose yourself (with your sweetheart!) in our beautiful area. Such promotions and packages include:
Available February 14-16, the Valentine's Day Sweetheart Package Includes:
- One night's accommodations
- Sparkling wine and chocolate dipped strawberries in room
- Breakfast for two in the Old Mill Room
- Resort Fee, Taxes and Gratuities
The Boar's Head Valentine's package includes full access to the Sports Club, complimentary parking, newspaper, WiFi, and afternoon pastries in the Ordinary room.
- One Night Stay with Continental Breakfast & Afternoon Tea
- Valentine's Day Special Four Course Dinner for Two
- Bottle of House Bubbles Upon Check In
- Rose Petals & Chocolate Covered Strawberries at Turn Down
- Private Washington Coffee Table Book upon Check Out
Enjoy an extraordinary getaway in beautiful Charlottesville with a very special package. Escape for two enchanted nights, and we'll treat you with our special blend of Virginia hospitality. Our outside hot tub is open, restful, and awaits your arrival. The fireplaces are glowing, and the Virginia wine is waiting to be poured. Add to this an exceptional dinner at one of Charlottesville's romantic restaurants.
- Two nights in one of our luxurious, deluxe rooms with a fireplace and double Jacuzzi spa tub (Audubon, Garden, Hunt Country, or Rose)
- Tasty, 3-course, gourmet breakfast each morning (fruit/bakery item, hot entrée, and dessert)
- Afternoon wine and tempting treats
- Delicious dinner for two at either L'étoile or Ivy Inn restaurant (includes appetizer, entree, dessert, and gratuity; beverages not included)
- A refreshing bottle of Virginia wine from one of our selected wineries (chilled champagne may be substituted for an additional cost)
- Two Foxfield Inn wine glasses
- Breathtaking bouquet of flowers or roses
Treat yourself and a loved one to a stay at the Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm, perfect for celebrating a special anniversary or just reminding your honey how much you care. We offer a variety of vacation packages throughout the year, so be sure to check this page often for details on our current specials. The Romantic Getaway Package includes a box of Gearhart's Gourmet Chocolates & A Dozen Fresh-cut Roses waiting for you upon arrival. Gearhart's Chocolates are hand made with the finest Criolla Cacao from Venezuela, local sweet cream and butter, and top quality fruits, nuts, spices, and liquors.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau
434.970.3632 – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the CACVB
In addition to providing a wealth of information on the area to individual visitors, the CACVB assists tour operators, meeting planners, reunions and other groups to find attractions, restaurants, hotels, and other visitor related businesses. Its mission is "to enhance the economic prosperity of City and County by promoting, selling and marketing the City of Charlottesville and County of Albemarle, as a destination, in pursuit of the meetings and tourism markets."
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download: