Tekelec Plans ThinkingNetworks™ Splash at Mobile World Congress 2013
Mobile broadband solutions company Tekelec will share a four-phase evolution to software-defined ThinkingNetworks™ at Mobile World Congress 2013. To schedule a meeting with Tekelec representatives at the show click here.
To capture and monetize the mobile data opportunity, operators must act quickly to transform their networks as they become ‘digital lifestyle providers.'
This will require highly intelligent, scalable and flexible software-defined ThinkingNetworks. These networks are an essential progression from the New Diameter Network (NDN) that orchestrates Diameter-based communications among policy servers, Diameter Signaling Routers, subscriber databases, gateways, charging systems, and mobility management functions.
Following this evolution will enable operators to:
- Create, personalize and launch new services faster;
- Add value to and share revenues with mobile advertisers, over-the-top (OTT) application and device providers;
- Accelerate cloud and machine-to-machine (M2M) services growth;
- Manage the explosion in data and signaling traffic; and
- Reduce network congestion and balance traffic across access networks.
Tekelec will demonstrate several products and solutions at its stand:
- The Diameter Signaling Router, the “central nervous system” of mobile data networks that improves subscribers' mobile data access, security and quality of service.
- The Tekelec LTE Diameter Signaling Index Traffic Calculator™, a tool to forecast Diameter signaling traffic on networks.
- Policy Analytics, which unlocks network intelligence buried in millions of policy event records so operators can create targeted service offers based on subscribers' usage, pricing and quality of service preferences.
- The Policy Server's sophisticated rules engine which allows marketers, IT departments and network engineers to rapidly create new policy rules.
- The Mobile Policy Gateway, which extends policy directly to the device to manage chatty applications, improve security, and manage Wi-Fi offload.
- Mobile advertising solutions , an early look at personalized and targeted mobile advertising including opt-ins, insertion and more.
Come see Tekelec, the New Diameter Network leader, at the show!
Tekelec's intelligent mobile broadband solutions enable service providers to manage and monetize mobile data in LTE, IMS and 3G networks. We are the architects of the New Diameter Network, a portfolio of session, policy and subscriber data management products that lays the foundation to evolve to software-defined ThinkingNetworks™. More than 300 service providers use our market-leading solutions to deliver cloud, machine-to-machine and personalized services to consumers and enterprises. For more information visit www.tekelec.com.
Adam Parken, +1-919-413-2598
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications