SAS a Leader in Gartner's 2013 Marketing Resource Management Magic Quadrant
As companies look for ways to increase efficiency and reduce waste in marketing operations SAS, a leader again in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management1 (MRM), gained more than 50 new MRM customers in 2012, with more than 400 customers worldwide using its MRM solutions.
Gartner defines marketing resource management as “a set of processes and capabilities designed to enhance a company's ability to orchestrate and optimize internal and external marketing resources.”
89 Degrees, a marketing solutions provider that uses advanced analytics to drive better results for data-intensive marketers, uses SAS® to reduce marketing expenses and increase revenue for its clients through enhanced customer insight and more effective marketing campaigns.
“SAS has been a key partner to 89 Degrees, helping us deliver results with more marketing accountability and efficiency for greater ROI,” said Arthur Sweetser, Chief Marketing Officer of 89 Degrees. “Not only does SAS let us provide analytics-driven planning for better campaigns, it enables better enterprise marketing decision making on marketing processes, data and insights. Analytics is an essential part of what we do at 89 Degrees, and SAS plays an important role in our success.”
SAS has an integrated MRM solution that spans all enterprise marketing needs. SAS' particular strengths in MRM include:
- Planning – helps manage the marketing process from strategy development and planning, to creation of marketing assets, to marketing campaign execution, to post-campaign analysis and reporting.
- Financial management – provides visibility into time frames, costs, overruns, etc., as they emerge via dashboards and flexible reporting capabilities.
- Digital asset management – delivers value from existing assets by enabling greater collaboration among marketers with an integrated infrastructure that facilitates the sharing of effective materials and processes, which might otherwise be kept on marketers' PCs or departmental servers.
- Marketing mix optimization – affords an easy way of analyzing, forecasting and optimizing the mix of advertising and promotions.
- Marketing performance management - determines the right metrics to track as well as identify the most profitable customers. Helps marketers determine the optimal allocation of marketing resources, whether they relate to direct channel communication or indirect media advertising and promotions.
CMOs today have a mandate for accountability from the marketing department. As a result, demand has increased for analytic capabilities that drive better planning, optimization, performance measurement, and execution across marketing functions.
“We believe this leadership recognition in marketing resource management demonstrates SAS' commitment to solving CMOs' marketing challenges,” said Wilson Raj, Global Director of Customer Intelligence at SAS. “More CMOs are aware that strong marketing operations (resource management) are indispensable for successful marketing – today and into the future. In 2012, SAS continued to invest 25 percent of its revenue into R&D - leading to two to three major releases for SAS Marketing Operations Management in 2013. Marketers will benefit even more from improved usability, new analytics, and tighter integration with multi-channel campaign management and other marketing processes.”
1 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management, Kimberly Collins, February 4, 2013
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 60,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2013 SAS Institute Inc. All rights reserved.