Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® to Provide Walmart Shoppers Expanded Benefits and Savings this Tax Season
Partnership Offers Free Federal 1040EZ Filing, Low Check Cashing Fees and More for Eligible Taxpayers
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Now that it's January, millions of Americans will begin the tax filing process. To help spread "Tax Refund Joy" Jackson Hewitt Tax Service®, the nation's largest privately held tax preparation firm, will be opening its locations within over 2,800 Walmart stores nationwide this week to provide customers with convenient, in-store access to the expertise that Jackson Hewitt® is known for. In addition to this year's expanded footprint, Jackson Hewitt and Walmart are partnering to offer free filing of Federal Form 1040EZ*, low price check cashing**, and the ability to start returns early through Jackson Hewitt's free W-2 download.
"Jackson Hewitt has had an ongoing partnership with Walmart and its MoneyCenters for several years because we believe in making the tax preparation and filing process as easy and convenient as we can for our customers and theirs," said Philip H. Sanford, president and chief executive officer of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. "We want to bring 'Tax Refund Joy' to Walmart even earlier this year, and to do this, we are offering taxpayers several benefits and services at our in-store Walmart kiosks."
Benefits and services available in more than 2,800 Walmart stores include:
- Free filing of Federal Form 1040EZ for qualifying taxpayers.
- A chance to "Switch & Save" $50!*** Available to new customers. Just bring in last year's receipt and you'll pay $50 less than you paid someone else to do your taxes last year.
- Start early in January – no W-2 needed: With approximately 75 percent of taxpayers eligible to receive a refund on average of roughly $3,000, there is no reason to wait to get started. And in fact, according to IRS data, 15 million tax returns were filed in January alone in 2012.
- Through Jackson Hewitt's free W-2 download service, available to clients whose employers make W-2s available online, qualifying taxpayers can start their return long before the paper W-2 arrives via U.S. mail. A Jackson Hewitt representative can check to see if you can access your W-2 forms now.
- For taxpayers who can't access these forms electronically, they can simply bring in their last paystub to start their tax return; Jackson Hewitt can finalize and submit the return once the W-2 arrives for added convenience, without the customer having to return to Jackson Hewitt.
- Free and convenient drop off service.
- A low, $3 fee to cash checks up to $1,000 and $6 for checks up to $7,500, offered through Walmart MoneyCenters. In addition, Walmart will load the funds onto a Walmart MoneyCard at no charge.
To locate a nearby Walmart with a Jackson Hewitt kiosk, visit www.JacksonHewitt.com.
*Free offer is for Federal 1040EZ with up to two W-2s. Form 1040EZ is generally used by single or married taxpayers who claim no dependents and who do not itemize deductions. Additional fees apply for state, local and more complex federal tax returns, financial products and other services. Most offices are independently owned and operated.
**Walmart cashes most types of pre-printed checks, as well as payroll cards and eligible government benefit cards. Walmart cashes tax refund checks and cards up to $1,000 for $3 and tax refund checks up to $7,500 for $6, offering significant savings over many other check cashers. Walmart cashes checks in 47 states, excluding New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island. Walmart is also currently testing other check cashing services in Rhode Island.
*** Offer valid for tax preparation fees paid of $150 or more. Proof of last year's tax preparation fee required. Does not apply to an amendment or extension. Product fees excluded. Valid at participating locations only and may not be combined with any other offer. Most offices are independently owned and operated.
About Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. is an industry-leading provider of full service individual federal and state income tax preparation, with more than 6,800 franchised and company-owned locations throughout the United States, including 2,800 located in Walmart stores nationwide in the 2013 tax season. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® also offers an online tax preparation product at www.JacksonHewittOnline.com. For more information, or to locate your neighborhood Jackson Hewitt® office, visit www.JacksonHewitt.com or call 1-800-234-1040. Jackson Hewitt can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at over 9,700 retail units under 69 different banners in 28 countries. With fiscal year 2011 sales of $419 billion, Walmart employs 2.1 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
CooperKatz & Company
Walmart Media Relations
SOURCE Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.