Research and Markets: Report on China's Pet Food Market Competition 2013
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z5dvcd/report_on_chinas) has announced the addition of the "Report on China's Pet Food Market Competition 2013" report to their offering.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the following:
- the trend of national policies and regulations for the industry
- the development history of China's pet food market and the future growth space
- the characteristics of pet food consumption and purchasing performance of consumers in major areas
- the circulation channels and circulation cost of China's pet food
- the market concentration degree of China's pet food industry
- the competition between foreign brands and domestic brands
- their respective market orientation and strategy
- as well as the investment value of each kinds of pet food enterprises, etc.
In 1993, Pedigree dog food and Whiskas cat food produced by Mars entered into China, opening the curtain of China's professional pet food market, signifying the birth of China's pet food industry and also driving the rapid development of China's entire pet industry. In March, 2001, Chengdu Care-Pet Food Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Tongwei Group, was established and the production of its first bag of pet food signified that China's local pet food brand began to enter into the pet food industry. In a decade, China's pet food industry has experienced great changes from the initial OEM production in small workshops to the current large-scale operations of famous brands. China's local pet food enterprises completed the upgrading and developed four types of products, including dry food, wet food, snack food and nutrients for pets. The sales revenue has exceeded 1.5 billion Yuan, and market scale is still increasing by over 15% on average each year, which is far above the global average growth rate of 4%.
As a whole, China's pet food market is still in its initial development stage compared with that of the foreign market, but the market prospect is positive. China's urbanization is still in rapid development, and the feeding of pets has become a new hot field of urban residents' consumption. The current age constitution of Chinese population and its development trend shows that in the future decades of years, the proportion of elderly people in China's population will increase as the family planning policy since 1970s has been adopted for over 30 years. Therefore, the consumer group of pet food will continue to increase and the prospect of China's pet food industry will become more prosperous.
- Nestle Purina
- French Royal-Canin
- Chengdu Care-Pet
- P&G / Colgate-Palmolive Co
- Shanghai Nory Pet
- Tianjin Ken-Canpo Animal Medicament Health Product Co., Ltd
- Heibei Rongxi
- Shanghai Fullpet
- Yantai China Pet Foods Group Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z5dvcd/report_on_chinas