Research and Markets: Strategic Analysis of Engine Downsizing Trends of North American Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gcw85p/strategic) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Strategic Analysis of Engine Downsizing Trends of North American Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers" to their offering.
Strategic Analysis of Engine Downsizing Trends of North American Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers
A 2% to 3% Reduction in Class 8 Truck Engine Displacement Expected by 2018
This research analyzes the North American heavy-duty truck engine market, and it outlines key trends driving engine downsizing in the heavy-duty industry. The study is a combination of industry-wide primary research, with key OEMs, and comprehensive secondary research. The findings have been presented in the form a typical strategic research service, which include market drivers, restraints, industry benefits and challenges, quantitative forecasts and OEM profiles. The study gives highly actionable content in the form of engine downsizing trend within each key North American heavy-duty OEM. The study also compares the preference for advanced powertrain technologies for each OEM.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How does powertrain downsizing fit into fuel efficiency improvement and emissions reduction?
- What are the key market and technology trends driving the powertrain downsizing scenario?
- What are the downsizing strategies of key heavy-duty OEMs in North America?
- How do OEMs compare, and what are the implications of the downsizing strategy adopted?
- How is the North American heavy-duty engine market expected to evolve, and what would be the best-fit engine specification for future heavy-duty trucks?
Key Topics Covered:
Research Objective, Scope, Methodology, and Background
Definitions and Segmentation
Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
Market Dynamics and Impact on Powertrain TechnologiesNorth America
HD Engine Downsizing in North AmericaOverview
Engine Downsizing StrategiesNorth America OEMs
Conclusions and Strategic Recommendations
SuperTruck ProgramKey Insights
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gcw85p/strategic
Source: Frost & Sullivan