Pocket Desktop USB Drive Turns Any Computer Into One's Personal Computer
One device with multiple functions puts privacy, protection, and portability in the palm of one's hand. Today the computer became significantly smaller, safer and completely secure with the launch of Pocket Desktop, the first USB drive that turns any computer into one's personal computer, complete with unprecedented capabilities and security functions.
New York City, NY (PRWEB) December 07, 2012
Designed by a retired Naval Intelligence Officer, the Pocket Desktop packs all of the privacy, security and back-up power of a military-grade computer into one tiny, portable device. Pocket Desktop provides:
1. Web Privacy – users can surf the web without their history being recorded on visited sites.
2. File Security – all files created and saved to the Pocket Desktop remain on the device with 256 bit encryption.
3. Virus Protection – The Pocket Desktop OS is read-only and operates in its own closed environment, thereby preventing viruses and malware from loading. The built in Virus software can also be used to repair/clean the host computer.
4. File Backup – the Pocket Desktop can store external documents, ensuring that sensitive materials remain safe and secure.
5. File Recovery – corrupted files can be repaired and retrieved off of any computer.
6. Portability – all files reside on the Pocket Desktop and cannot be accessed without it.
How it Works
Users simply plug their Pocket Desktop into any computer's USB port and restart the machine. The Pocket Desktop boots to its own closed environment. The self-contained and proprietary Linux OS contains more than 40 popular apps and software files, such as Skype, Open Office, and Firefox.
From this point, the user can perform any routine function on their computer – from word processing to web surfing, chat and more – all with complete privacy, security and back-up ability. The Pocket Desktop is platform-agnostic and works with both Apple and Windows machines.
“As technologies became smaller in size, we set out to create an all-in-one solution to enable people to load not just their individual files onto a drive, but their entire computer, complete with the most sophisticated privacy, security, protection and recovery software available” said David Hayek, technology officer for Pocket Desktop. “The second task was to offer this all-in-one solution for the same price as an old-fashioned storage drive.”
Pricing for the Pocket Desktop ranges from $19 to $39 and $49 depending on file storage.
To request a demonstration – or a device to review – please contact Kevin Mercuri at kevin(at)propheta(dot)com or call 212-901-6914 ext 107
About Pocket Desktop
The Pocket Desktop is a USB device that contains one's own private operating system and provides unparalleled security and portability in computing. The core of the operating system is read-only, meaning it cannot be written to. This makes it immune to threats facing online computing, such as viruses, spyware and malware. Over 40 applications are included in the Pocket Desktop operating system – from email and web browsing to document editing, torrent search and torrent client for downloading files.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/12/prweb10214197.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!