Personal Announces Partnership with Aetna CarePass
Personal (www.personal.com), a web and mobile platform and data vault for individuals to securely store, share and reuse their most important information, today announced a new partnership with Aetna CarePass, an innovative part of one of the nation's leading health care companies.
Through this partnership, Aetna's digital CarePass platform and Personal will empower developers with innovative security- and privacy-enhancing tools to build apps that give consumers the ability to easily and securely store and share their personal health and wellness information, including health records, prescriptions, emergency contacts, and billing information.
Today's announcement means that developers will now be able to access Personal's developer tools on the Aetna CarePass developer portal (https://developer.carepass.com/api_gallery). Personal's developer tools include the following features:
- Personal Connect: Allows users to “Login with Personal” across websites and apps and selectively permission data to companies.
- Give Back Data: Gives users a reusable copy of their data and files.
- Secure Storage: Gives users a place to securely store their files, photos, structured data and notes.
- Secure Sharing and Auto-Form Filling: Lets users securely share their information with trusted contacts, including ability to set timed expiration and revoke access. Help users fill out forms more conveniently.
- Get Started Quickly: Provides sample applications, tutorials and native software development kits (SDKs).
“Personal is excited to partner with Aetna's CarePass so that developers can use Personal's tools to build health and wellness apps,” said Personal co-founder and CEO Shane Green. “Aetna is truly leading the way – a giant health care company that recognizes the importance of unleashing developer creativity by leveraging partners like Personal. This partnership will help improve consumer health, wellness and quality of life.”
“Aetna CarePass is partnering with best-in-class mobile apps and developers to help consumers tackle their health and wellness challenges,” and Martha Wofford, Aetna vice president and head of CarePass. “We're pleased that Personal is joining us in creating a better connected, more convenient consumer health experience.”
Personal (www.personal.com) gives individuals a web and mobile vault for securely storing, sharing and reusing their important data, notes and files at home and work, connecting them with trusted people, organizations and apps in their lives. Built on a privacy- and security-by-design platform, Personal helps individuals to properly leverage their data so they can realize the most value from it -- all with the peace of mind that the data in their vault remains legally theirs, they always know who can access it, and it can't be shared without their permission. www.twitter.com/personal.
Karyn Barr Amin, 202-223-9260