Leading Language-Learning Company Expands Top Online Program to Include Support for 22 New Languages
With the addition of new languages, Transparent Language now provides users with more choices than any other online language provider.
Nashua, NH (PRWEB) November 07, 2012
Transparent Language Inc., a leading provider of language-learning technology for the government, education, corporate, library, and consumer markets, announced the addition of 22 new languages to the consumer version of Transparent Language Online, the company's premier, online foreign language learning system. The update allows consumers to choose from over 55 languages such as German, Armenian, and Swahili, more than any other online-based language-learning program.
Accessible online via web-browsers, Transparent Language Online is the company's commercial version of the systems developed to deliver rapid and reliable language training to many US Government and Defense agencies. The program combines a top-of-the-line course - designed to cover pronunciation, speech, grammar, writing, and vocabulary building - with extensive social media resources, making it possible for learners to bridge the gap between learning a language online and using that language in the real world by allowing them to do both - all in one program.
The Transparent Language Online language-learning program contains:
- Essentials Course - 33 lessons for each language, covering a wide variety of topics and situations ranging from easier to more difficult
- Byki Vocabulary Builder - a full library of thousands of supplemental vocabulary lists that allow learners to choose the topics that interest them
- Language & Culture Blogs - provide a platform in which current events, as well as more colloquial language, cultural, or unconventional topics can be discussed
- Online Social Communities - learners can interact with over 2 million fans, followers, and friends in Transparent Language's Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube communities, all working together to learn a foreign language
- Pronunciation & Conversation Practice - learners can record, playback, and compare their speech to that of real native speakers
- Byki Mobile for Apple & Android Devices - a mobile app available as a free download, allowing for language learning on-the-go
- Language Reference - resources to extend learning by allowing exploration of higher-level language and culture elements
- Interactive Games - including Which is it?, Four-Square, Game Show, Unscramble, and more
- And Much More
Many of the languages now supported by Transparent Language Online do not use the Latin alphabet familiar to English speakers. Due to the difficulty in displaying the characters of non-Latin alphabets, most language-learning companies focus on building listening, speaking, and reading skills, largely leaving out writing. Transparent Language Online, on the other hand, offers full support for non-Latin alphabets, allowing for the teaching of all four language skills. In addition to playing audio spoken by native language speakers, Transparent Language Online displays the actual characters and scripts of the foreign language across all learning modes.
Specially-configured versions of Transparent Language Online – some featuring support for over 80 languages – are available for educational institutions, corporations, and public libraries. Transparent Language Online for consumers is available from the company's website, with subscription pricing starting at $149. For more information, including a complete list of available languages, please visit our online language-learning solutions page for consumers.
About Transparent Language, Inc.
America plays a prominent role in world affairs, and yet our longstanding English-centricity has left us weaker than we should be in our ability to communicate globally. At Transparent Language, we attempt to correct this problem by developing language-learning resources and systems that deliver more rapid, reliable, and engaging language learning to those who need language skills for work or school, as well as those who simply find joy in learning and using other languages. Each day we use our expertise in the research and practice of language learning to build programs that are licensed for use by all personnel of Foreign Service Institute, Defense Language Institute, US Special Operations Command, US Marine Corps, US Navy, and many other government organizations, as well as by thousands of schools, hundreds of public libraries, and millions of individual users.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10107988.htm