Five Literary Masters of Suspense Celebrate Thrillers Alongside Troops on 'Operation Thriller III' USO Tour to Middle East
Bestselling Thriller Authors Kathleen Antrim, Michael Connelly, Joseph Finder, Brad Meltzer and Andy Harp wrap up ten-day USO visit to Middle East. The official end of their four-country overseas voyage, the group uplifted troops, led a handful of Q & A sessions and coined dozens of service men and women with their commemorative 2012 International Thriller Writers (ITW) coin of appreciation.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
Bestselling Thriller Authors Kathleen Antrim, Michael Connelly, Joseph Finder, Brad Meltzer and Andy Harp Spread a Touch of Home to Troops During Ten-Day Morale Boosting Visit
Twitter Pitch: @JoeFinder, @KathleenAntrim and @bradMeltzer, among others, celebrate suspense on @the_USO tour to SWA
Troops celebrated suspense as five of today's most popular thriller authors joined forces and offered up literary wisdom and a touch of home to troops on the “Operation Thriller III” USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour to the Middle East. The official end of their ten-day, four-country overseas voyage, the group led a handful of Q & A sessions and coined dozens of service men and women with their commemorative 2012 International Thriller Writers (ITW) coin of appreciation. Among the authors who made the trip and boosted troop morale were:
- Kathleen Antrim (Capital Offense and Thriller 2: Stories You Just Can't Put Down)
- Michael Connelly (The Lincoln Lawyer, The Black Box, The Drop, The Fifth Witness, The Reversal, Suicide Run, Angle of Investigation, The Reversal, among others)
- Joseph Finder (Buried Secrets, Vanished, Power Play, Killer Instinct, Company Man, Paranoia, High Crimes among others)
- Brad Meltzer (The Inner Circle, The Book of Lies, The Book of Fate, The Millionaires, The Zero Game, among others, and host of “Brad Meltzer's Decoded” on History channel)
- Andy Harp (Northern Thunder and Retribution)
- The “Operation Thriller III” USO tour traveled countless hours across the Atlantic Ocean to Turkey, Kuwait and other countries in the Middle East, where they visited eight bases. Among the installations visited were the 386th Air Expeditionary Wing, Camp Arifjan, Camp Virginia, Camp Buehring, the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing and Incirlik Air Base, among others.
- In addition to having visited several work sites, the group observed military demonstrations, toured flight lines. They also indulged troops with insight into the world of suspense and intrigue, and gave pointers to aspiring writers.
Attributed to author and Co-President of ITW, Kathleen Antrim:
“This tour isn't about authors. It's about our troops, hearing their stories, and being able to give back to those who sacrifice so much for us.”
Attributed to Michael Connelly:
"We write about characters who stand up for others even at great risk to themselves. Now we get to meet real people who do that for us in real life on a day in and day out basis. If nothing else, we just want to say thanks."
Attributed to Joe Finder:
"We suspense novelists write stories about fictional heroes. How great for us to have the chance to meet the real-life heroes, the men and women who help keep us all safe -- America's troops."
Attributed to Brad Meltzer:
"Throughout my entire career, our troops have been writing me, sending photos, thanking me for the entertainment. But let's be honest: they're the ones who deserve the thanks. This is nothing but an honor to me."
Attributed to Andy Harp:
"Every minute of every day, someone is standing at the gate, watching it, guarding it for the rest of us. Operation Thriller is our small way of saying thank you to those that serve."
ITW Commemorative Coin: http://bit.ly/Qi55BY
Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/QlbCcX
USO Fact Sheet: http://bit.ly/yaebvo
# # #
About the USO
The USO (United Service Organizations) lifts the spirits of America's troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen.
The USO is a private, nonprofit organization, not a government agency. All of our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff. In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President's Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, Clear Channel, The Coca-Cola Company, jcpenney, Kangaroo Express, Kroger, Lowe's, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Procter & Gamble, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation and TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10095779.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!