Canada's Day in India: Focusing the Action Agenda and Strengthening Networks
The Canada India Business Council Hosts the 2nd Annual Canada India Business Forum, November 5-6, 2012, Delhi, India
Delhi/Toronto (PRWEB) November 02, 2012
Coinciding with Prime Minister Stephen Harper's official visit to India, the Canada India Business Council (C-IBC) will be hosting the 2nd Annual Canada-India Business Forum. The Forum is the largest annual bilateral leadership summit connecting over 150 Canadian senior leaders.
The Forum directly engages select leaders from Canadian and Indian industry, academia, government, and civil society in structured dialogue directed towards establishing the priorities for the year ahead as well as actionable recommendations to practically advance this pivotal trade and business relationship.
This year specific sessions will include a focus on:
- India's Growth Story: Challenges & Prospects for the Future
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Sharing Best Practices
- Cleantech Innovation & Commercialization
- Oil & Gas: Supplying India's Energy Needs
- Bridging the Skills & Talent Gap: the Next Stage
- Financing & Supplying India's Infrastructure Boom
- Thickening the Relationship: Action Plan for Next 24 Months
“As Canadian Minister of International Trade, it was clear to me that the Canada- India Business Council was an effective influence for policy and business. Now in the private sector, I can attest directly to the vision, vitality and opportunity that the C-IBC brings to the entrepreneurial and investment community through initiatives such as the Annual Canada –India Forum.” Hon. Stockwell Day, PC, Co-Chair, Second Annual Canada-India Business Forum
Energy, Investment & The Shared Opportunity
Canada's traditional trading partners continue to face economic stagnation.
As one of the greatest markets of scale for the 21st century, India represents a significant diversification opportunity for Canadian business as well as the chance to springboard to other emerging economies in the region. It is also one of the great sources of innovation and talent.
For Indian companies, Canada offers both a safe haven for investments as well as a resource base and the technical experience that can assist India in addressing its urgent energy, education and infrastructure deficits.
In this context, the Forum will be convening leaders from both countries to identify and outline steps that government and industry can take together to move forward towards these goals.
“Having an annual gathering of this scale, providing senior leaders and officials a place and agenda around which to sharpen ideas and thicken relationships is a key to accelerating trade today and creating options for the future. We're proud to be hosting the Forum” Rana Sarkar, President and CEO, Canada-India Business Council.
- Hon. Stockwell Day, PC, Former Canadian Minister of International Trade & the Asia-Pacific Gateway Initiative (co-chair)
- Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group (co-chair)
- Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission of India
- Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha
- Tom Jenkins, Vice-Chair & Chief Strategy Officer, OpenText
- Don Stewart, former CEO, Sun Life Financial
- Mark Machin, President, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Asia
- Dr. Stephen Toope, President, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Vicky Sharpe, CEO, Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Hon. Joe Oliver, Minister of Natural Resources, Government of Canada
- Hon. Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, Government of Canada
- Hari Bhartia, Vice-Chair & Managing Director, Jubilant Bhartia Group
For additional information on the Forum, to access pictures or to arrange an interview please contact:
Canada-India Business Council
To follow the event Twitter: #CanIndForum
For event updates: http://canada-indiabusinessforum.ca/
Sponsors & Partners:
The Canada India Business Council would like to thank the 2012 Canada India Business Forum Sponsors including:
Platinum Sponsors: Bombardier, CPP Investment Board, Sun Life Financial & KPMG
Gold Sponsors: Tory's LLP, ICICI Bank, Manulife Financial
Silver Sponsors: Cameco
Media Partners: Stockwatch, Aspire, The Times Of India Group, Business Without Borders
Industry Partner: Export Development Canada (EDC); FICCI, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Travel Partners: Emirates, Indus, The Taj Group
The Canada India Business Council:
The Canada-India Business Council (C-IBC) was founded in 1982 by the Bank of Nova Scotia, Bombardier and the late Thomas Bata. For almost 30 years, C-IBC has been the leading, bi-national member driven association dedicated to the sustained growth of trade, investment and services between Canada and India. C-IBC works to assist Canadian corporations by offering knowledge, experience and insight on bilateral trade and investment opportunities. With over 100 members, the C-IBC represents the leading companies in the Canada-India business corridor.
C-IBC is governed nationally by a Board of Directors which is comprised of senior executives from Canada's leading organizations as well as leaders from both small and medium-sized enterprises. C-IBC is headquartered in Toronto with operations in Delhi, Vancouver and Montreal.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10083731.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!