Local Doctor Provides 14 Halloween Safety Tips for Trick-Or-Treaters
Dr. Mark Harris has successfully helped many patients suffering from chronic pain. Today Dr. Harris shares some great Halloween safety tips to avoid unnecessary accidents.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 01, 2012
Dr. Mark Harris, a Dallas chiropractor, wants this years' Halloween experience to be safe, educational, spooky, and fun for the whole neighborhood.
"I've witnessed more than enough injuries on my patients due to unnecessary accidents. I want people to be more careful this Halloween," says Dr. Harris.
Here are 14 important Halloween safety tips that trick-or-treaters should be aware of, according to Dr. Harris:
1. Children should never trick-or-treat alone. They should always be accompanied by an adult, or at least two friends.
2. Costumes should be flame retardant.
3. Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape.
4. Costumes should not drag on the ground and should not restrict eyesight.
5. Children should carry a flashlight.
6. Parents should map out child's route and make sure the whole family knows what it is.
7. Children should use sidewalks and driveways. If walking by the street is necessary, they should walk on the correct side of the road and be aware of passing cars.
8. Walk, do not run.
9. Only trick-or-treat at houses with lights on.
10. Never go inside a stranger's house while trick-or-treating.
11. Children should carry a watch to keep track of time and know when they should be home.
12. Parents should let their child use their cell phone if possible and remind them to call home or 911 if an emergency arises.
13. Children should not touch any pets. Animals are not used to costumes and can be easily frightened.
14. Parents should check all candy before allowing children to eat.
"Accidents happen, but most can be prevented," Dr; Harris concluded.
Dr. Mark Harris, D.C. is a Dallas, TX chiropractor. He offers a free consultation. Once you meet Dr. Harris and his staff, you won't want to go anywhere else. Dr. Mark Harris, D.C. is located at 17610 Midway Rd., Suite 124 Dallas, TX 75287. Telephone: (972)-380-6977.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebndallaschiro/dallastxchiropractor/prweb10078093.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!