FutureMed Scheduled for February 4-9, 2013 at Singularity University
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Singularity University (SU) today announced the dates and partial list of speakers for the upcoming FutureMed Program, a widely acclaimed specialized interactive conference for physicians, healthcare executives, innovators and investors interested in exploring the impact and opportunities presented by rapidly developing technologies in the fields of health and medicine.
The informative and interactive 6-day program will be held February 4-9, 2013 on the SU campus at NASA Research Park, Mountain View, CA, and will include lectures, discussions, workshops and site visits, led by notable faculty and experts.
"FutureMed is an immersive, intimate and intense experience of diving into the future of medicine," said FutureMed Executive Producer and SU Vice President of Strategic Relations Robin Farmanfarmaian. "This is a unique place where participants have myriad opportunities to interact one-on-one with each other, and with our world-class faculty and invited thought leaders."
"The world of health and medicine is at the cusp of radical disruption, with novel applications and the convergence of fast moving technologies ranging from the digitization of cloud-based healthcare data, to mobile health merging with artificial intelligence, to regenerative medicine and 3D printing," said FutureMed Executive Director Daniel Kraft MD, a Stanford and Harvard University trained physician, scientist and Faculty Chair of the SU Medicine Track. "By understanding the trajectory and potential of rapidly developing technologies, merged with unmet needs and creative thinking, we have the potential to re-invent many aspects of wellness, diagnosis, and intervention- leading to better outcomes and healthier lives, at lower cost."
FutureMed looks at the potential applications of low cost genomic sequencing and 'Omics, ever-faster, high-resolution imaging, artificial intelligence, telemedicine, robotics, 24/7 wearable body sensors, stem cells, synthetic biology, gene therapy, and participatory, crowd sourced health data, and examines how these technologies are radically changing our beliefs and approach to wellness, prevention and the delivery of medical care. FutureMed Corporate partners include Genentech, GE, and Biogen-Idec.
FutureMed has been described by past attendees as "a mind-opening voyage into the future with the people who are creating it; absolutely incredible; and intellectually invigorating with practical business benefits; mind expanding, and tremendously inspiring."
FutureMed Faculty and Speakers (partial list)
- Peter Diamandis MD, Chairman and Founder, X PRIZE Foundation; Chairman and Co-Founder, Singularity University
- Ray Kurzweil, Futurist, Inventor; Author, and Co-Founder, Singularity University
- Dan Barry MD, PhD, Roboticist, NASA physician and three-time Space Shuttle Astronaut
- Larry Smarr, PhD, Quantified Self Pioneer, Founding Director, California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology, UCSD
- Leigh Hochberg, MD, PhD, Principle Investigator on 'BrainGate' Brain Computer Interface trials at Harvard & Brown Universities
- Catherine Mohr, MD, Director of Medical Research, Intuitive Surgical
- Ron Levy, Professor and Chair of Oncology, Stanford University
- Adam Gazzeley, Professor of Neurology, Physiology & Psychiatry, Director Neuroscience Imaging Center, UCSF
- Neil Jacobstein, Co-Chair, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Singularity U
- Scott Summit, 3D Printing pioneer, 3DSystems
- Ajay Verma, MD, PhD, Director of NeuroScience, Biogen-IDEC
- Donna Cryer, President and CEO, American Liver Foundation
To apply, visit: FutureMed2020.com/apply
FutureMed Executive Producer: Robin Farmanfarmaian (email@example.com)
SU Communications: Diane Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following pictures are available for download: