Portfolio Manager Mash-Up to Examine Post-Election Strategies
With the U.S. presidential election determining who will lead the country for the next four years just two days prior and as the global financial community begins to take stock of how it will adjust its strategies going forward, Bloomberg LINK will convene the smartest portfolio managers and senior executives from top asset management firms at the second Bloomberg Portfolio Manager Mash-Up.
Throughout the full-day conference, which will take place at Location 05 in New York City on Thursday, November 8, 2012, speakers will discuss their views on the trends impacting markets and how the asset management industry is evolving. Among other topics, the outlook for interest rates, investing opportunities in Europe, how to address the slowdown in emerging markets, and what's next for the $2.6 trillion money market fund industry will be debated.
“With the U.S. state and federal elections decided, the time is right to evaluate what lies ahead and debate strategies to best address the changes to come,” said Robert Bierman, head of Bloomberg LINK. “Those in attendance will leave with valuable insight on strategies and opportunities both here and abroad, in light of the current economic environment.”
Additional key speakers include:
- Rupal J. Bhansali, SVP and Chief Investment Officer - International Equities, Ariel Investments LLC
- Claudia Calich, Head of Emerging Markets, Senior Portfolio Manager, Invesco
- John H. Carlson, Senior Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Investments; Morningstar 2011 Fixed Income Manager of the Year
- Maneesh S. Deshpande, Managing Director, Head of Equity Derivatives Strategy, Barclays
- William Glavin, Chairman, President and CEO, OppenheimerFunds, Inc.
- Diane Jaffee, Group Managing Director, U.S. Equities, TCW
- Michael J. Materasso, SVP and Co-Chair, Fixed Income Policy Committee | Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group, Franklin Templeton Institutional, LLC
- Tad Rivelle, Group Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer – Fixed Income, TCW
- Jeffrey Rosenberg, Chief Investment Strategist for Fixed Income, BlackRock
- Kenneth E. Volpert, Principal, Senior Portfolio Manager, and Head of the Taxable Bond Group, The Vanguard Group, Inc.
OppenheimerFunds, Inc. is the founding sponsor for this event.
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association is a conference partner.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/mashup.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who's who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other's expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Angela Martin, +1 415-617-7142