The Huffington Post at the Center of the Social Conversation on Election Night
The Huffington Post announced its coverage plans for the first Election Day that places social media on an equal footing with news sites and broadcast networks for scoops and for courting an ardent audience of voters. The Huffington Post's reach will go well beyond its roughly 40 million monthly unique visitors through its unmatched Facebook and Twitter penetration.
HuffPost Politics and HuffPost Live will tell the stories that will define Election Day in every key important state and precinct -- and, just as important, allow members of the community to tell those stories themselves. This hybrid approach will weave together real-time reporting and analysis with an unprecedented effort to open up the conversation to those most affected by the election's outcome -- the voters themselves. HuffPost and HuffPost Live will not only bring important news to voters, it will allow voters themselves to help monitor important Election Day issues, whether it's voter intimidation at a polling place, last-minute attack ads, bad weather dampening turnout, or a surprising get-out-the-vote effort.
HuffPost Election Day coverage features:
- The HuffPost Politics live blog, mirrored by HuffPost social feeds on Facebook, Twitter @HuffPostPol, and Google+, where readers get instant access to key events from all over the web and the socialsphere in a single news stream;
- HuffPost Live's real-time, streaming coverage, where the conversation comes to life on the web -- and now on the new HuffPost Live iPad app, which provides the most social Election Day tablet experience;
- The HuffPost Politics Election Dashboard, featuring real-time national results for every major race as posted by state boards of elections until all results are tallied;
- Reporting on the ground with both presidential campaigns and from key battlegrounds, including instant analysis from the HuffPost Politics team;
- HuffPost Live will feature live election night conversations with special guests, HuffPost Politics reporters and members of the HuffPost community from across the nation wherever news is happening;
- HuffPost Live will also host real-time, election-themed conversations in separate green rooms, including Young Voters, Women and Comedy;
- At the most grass-roots level, HuffPost readers and social followers can file reports to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with approved updates that will reach millions of people, broadening and deepening election coverage in an unprecedented way;
- The Huffington Post is also working in coordination with Our Vote Live (866-OUR-VOTE) to support its election protection efforts.
The Huffington Post
Rhoades Alderson, 212-402-7208