Ultra Sleek, Ultra Secure: CompuCom Systems to Offer Ultrabook™ Devices Inspired by Intel
CompuCom Systems, Inc., the leading IT outsourcing specialist, today announced that it will offer a new category of customized, ultra-responsive mobile computing systems inspired by Intel. These Ultrabook™ devices will enable CompuCom to deliver a powerful combination of built-in security and intelligent performance in a sleek form factor.
Less than an inch thick, an Ultrabook wakes up in a flash and runs for hours—perfect for the most seasoned travelers. Its low power consumption and solid state drive enable cool, quiet operation for at least five hours of extended productivity. At the heart of every business Ultrabook is the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor.1 The security and manageability features of Intel® vPro™ technology2 will enable CompuCom to help clients safeguard sensitive data and user identities, repel threats, protect and secure lost or stolen devices, and manage their IT assets cost-effectively.
“Ultrabooks represent the next generation of lightweight, no compromise computing devices built upon Intel technologies that provide state-of-the-art solutions to the enterprise user without the need to carry multiple devices,” said Bill Barry, Senior Vice President of CompuCom Systems, Inc. “We see Ultrabooks filling an important role in end-user computing for our enterprise customers as the demand for anytime, anywhere access to information continues to rise.”
Ultrabook devices differ from typical mobile PCs, offering a richer computing experience with new levels of functionality designed for the business user:
- Great performance—Ultrabook devices are powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors offering smart performance, with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 for a burst of speed when it's needed.
- Portability and style—Sleek, attractive devices come with a full keyboard in an easy-to-carry design.
- Wireless content sharing—Users can experience presentations, movies, photos, and more on a big screen with Intel® Wireless Display, offering up to 1080p resolution.
- Faster responsiveness—Resuming from hibernation in less than seven seconds, Ultrabook devices load applications in a snap.
- More security and manageability—Built-in security features such as Intel® Anti-Theft Technology3 help ensure content is safe, disabling the device if it is lost or stolen. And, remote, automated manageability enables IT personnel or remote service providers to configure, diagnose, isolate, and repair Ultrabooks—even if unresponsive.
Learn more about the sleek, secure Ultrabook inspired by Intel from CompuCom at www.compucom.com or contact CompuCom at 800-225-1475 today.
About CompuCom Systems, Inc.
CompuCom, the leading IT outsourcing specialist, delivers IT your way. Our clients like working with us because they know that, with CompuCom, it's all about them. Our unique ITSM strategy blends your data center, network, voice, and end user computing environments in an innovative fashion. This radically simplifies your IT, allowing you to focus on growing your business and serving your customers. We are highly regarded around the world for our balance of industry-leading tools, a pragmatic approach to best practices, and our highly skilled workforce. We are the perfect alternative to address the revolutionary IT transformations facing you today and in the future. More than a trusted advisor, CompuCom is your trusted doer. To learn more, visit www.CompuCom.com.
1. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Built-in security features available on select Intel® Core™ processors may require additional software, hardware, services, and/or an Internet connection. Results may vary depending upon configuration. Consult your PC manufacturer for more details.
2. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and configuration. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software and IT environment. To learn more about the breadth of security features, visit http://www.intel.com/technology/vpro/.
3. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware and software, and a subscription with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/go/anti-theft.
© 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Ultrabook and Intel vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
CompuCom Systems, Inc.
Marilyn Nelson, +1 281-996-1551