Responding to Clients Needs, Sceptre Hospitality Resources Makes Enhancements to WindsurferCRS
Sceptre Hospitality Resources today announced that it has made enhancements in five areas of its industry-leading central reservation system, WindsurferCRS. Significant improvements include an upgraded multi-property booking engine, automated monitoring for PMS reservation delivery failures, a user-configurable dashboard, an enhanced currency converter and improvements to its rate derivation functionality.
“We are constantly testing functionality ideas, simple and complex, and letting our R&D investment be driven by our clients' needs,” said Estella Hale, Sceptre's product manager for the WindsurferCRS. “These five advancements are key enhancements that distance us from other CRS systems and provide our clients more competitive capability. All of these improvements are provided to our clients at no additional cost. And, it's just the beginning of several other features within our roadmap.”
- Multi-property booking engine—Whiteboard's totally new multi-property approach is ideal for chains, as well as hotel groups. It allows clients to cross-sell properties and lets guests select the most relevant hotel to their needs. The new software already supports brands with more than 2,000-plus hotels and can comfortably manage from two to more than 20,000 hotels.
- Automated monitoring for PMS reservation delivery failures—WindsurferCRS monitors all reservation activity to make certain all confirmations are sent, even if through the PMS. By ensuring every confirmation is sent, the hotel avoids any lost business or dissatisfied guests due to lost reservations. Many of Windsurfer's PMS interfaces have been enhanced to proactively alert a member of the hotel's team when there is a possibility of a failed integration due to not receiving a PMS ID. The added functionality also allows them to resend those records.
- Editable dashboard—A color-coded dashboard gives revenue managers easier and faster management by allowing them to click on time-sensitive fields and make speedy, appropriate changes to enhance bookings.
- Upgraded currency converter—With the continued rise of international travel, it is important for hotels to allow guests to interact with the booking engine in their currency of choice. This means not just an embedded calculator, but also a true conversion of all the currency fields, including those in modal windows and add-ons, to a currency of the guest's choice. This makes the booking experience a lot easier for foreign guests and, therefore, it not only improves conversion, but it begins to create a positive impression of the hotel even at the research stage of the booking process. Currency rates are updated automatically daily.
- Rate derivation improvements—This is an enhancement to the initial Windsurfer program that improves how rates are managed. It provides significantly more options for revenue management, such as rounding, rate ceilings and rate floors to allow revenue managers greater flexibility and control of the rate management strategy.
Sceptre Hospitality Resources
Sceptre Hospitality Resources maximizes revenues for hotels and resorts. With the addition of Whiteboard Labs, the company now serves nearly 3,000 properties on its reservation platform. In addition to Windsurfer, a state-of-the-art central reservation system (CRS), Sceptre's other software include MotionNotes, a video messaging platform, SpaLinx, a spa management and appointment booking application, HotelIQ business intelligence, custom internet marketing services and revenue management services.
Sceptre specializes in electronic distribution, reservations connectivity, channel management, site and search engine optimization, revenue management strategies, reservation call centers and direct booking engines. Sceptre also provides interactive marketing programs, including website design, online advertising campaigns, social media solutions and other guest communication systems.
Additional information about Sceptre and hospitality industry marketing trends and tools may be found at the company's website: sceptrehospitality.com.
Sceptre Hospitality Resources
Chris Daly, media