CableLabs Launches NetworkFX, New Global Trust Management Company
CableLabs® today announced the launch of NetworkFX™, Inc., the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of successful management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is a unique, online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices. CableLabs has already issued and successfully managed more than 200 million digital certificates for the cable industry PKI system. NetworkFX's capabilities are crucial in providing online security for banking, consumer electronics, healthcare, utilities and other industries.
“Cable's experience in managing device security has provided invaluable lessons for securing networked devices,” said Oscar Marcia, president of NetworkFX. “By establishing NetworkFX as a subsidiary, CableLabs offers the same trust-management capabilities to a broader range of industries. CableLabs is primed to do this because of its deep understanding of how to operate a secure world-wide public key system.”
With the rapid adoption of networked devices, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, Blu-ray players, game consoles, connected TVs, alarm systems, medical devices, etc., NetworkFX addresses the growing need for businesses to provide consumers with a more secure online experience. NetworkFX can assist in the setup, governance, operation and upgrade of the digital security infrastructure for a variety of platforms. CableLabs' previous success with the security and integrity of the cable industry's PKI – one of the largest in the world – establishes the foundation for NetworkFX to succeed.
Key benefits of NetworkFX include:
- Fast Deployment – A fully scalable security infrastructure can be up and running in days and evolve over the years.
- On-demand Scalability – The managed PKI scales smoothly from hundreds, to millions of device certificates.
- Policy Management – NetworkFX can assist in the creation of security policies and procedures and actively manage their implementation.
- Highly Secure and Reliable Operations – Service-level agreements are backed by a high-security facility with specially trained and screened personnel, redundant systems, customer support for mission-critical needs, disaster recovery and archiving.
- Easy-to-use Web-based Certificate Requesting Account – No PKI or security experience is needed. Certificate requesting is made easy with its one-step ordering Web-based interface.
“NetworkFX is just the tip of the iceberg,” said Phil McKinney, president and CEO of CableLabs. “Cable provides the fastest, most expansive platform for innovation – spanning the globe – and the broader technology industry is starting to take note. At CableLabs our mission is to identify and incubate innovations that enable our members to be the providers of choice in the markets they serve. CableLabs inspires what's next for cable.”
NetworkFX is a privately held company headquartered in Louisville, Colo. For more information about NetworkFX, please visit: www.networkfx.net.
About CableLabs: Cable Television Laboratories (www.cablelabs.com) was founded in 1988 by members of the cable television industry. A non-profit research and development consortium, CableLabs delivers innovations that enable cable operators to be the providers of choice in their markets. Cable operators from around the world are members. CableLabs maintains additional websites at www.cablenet.org, www.ebif.tv and www.tru2way.com.
CableLabs® is a registered trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Other CableLabs marks are listed at http://www.cablelabs.com/certqual/trademarks. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.