Research and Markets: Global Macro: Theory and Practice 2012 - First Comprehensive Handbook and Authoritative Guide
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d76x4f/global_macro) has announced the addition of the "Global Macro: Theory and Practice 2012" book to their offering.
In the aftermath of the global financial crisis of 2007-09, global macro was one of the few investment strategies that delivered positive returns. Since then global markets have been driven almost solely by macroeconomic decision making; more so than at any time in recent years.
Global Macro: Theory and Practice, edited by industry expert Andrew Rozanov, is the first comprehensive handbook and authoritative guide focusing exclusively on global macro strategies, designed for use by investment professionals involved in constructing and managing institutional portfolios.
Global macro is a hedge fund strategy that bases its holdings - such as long and short positions in various equity, fixed income, currency, and commodities markets - primarily on top-down macroeconomic and political views of individual countries and asset classes.
The book examines different strategies within the global macro sector, focusing on their unique risk-return characteristics and their role and place in an institutional portfolio.
With Contributions from a Cross Section of Leading Industry Practitioners, Chapters Include:
- The Role of a Global Macro Strategist
- Emerging Markets in Global Macro Investing
- A Prime Broker's Perspective
- Systematic Strategies: A Quantitative Approach to Global Macro
- A Fund of Hedge Fund's Perspective
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Macro: Origins, History, Prospects
2. Discretionary Global Macro: A Manager's Perspective
3. Systematic Strategies: A Quantitative Approach to Global Macro
4. The Different Shades of Macro
5. The Role of a Global Macro Strategist
6. Emerging Markets in Global Macro Investing
7. Risk Management in Global Macro Funds
8. Geopolitical Risk in Global Macro Investing
9. Global Macro: A Prime Broker's Perspective
10. Understanding Global Macro Leverage
11. Global Macro: An Investment Consultant's Perspective
12. Global Macro: a Fund of Hedge Fund's Perspective
13. The Case for Global Macro in Institutional Portfolios
14. GTAA and Global Macro for Long-Term Institutional Investors
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d76x4f/global_macro