Research and Markets: Phase Transformations in Steels: Diffusionless Transformations, High Strength Steels, Modelling and Advanced Analytical Techniques
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fb6x7c/phase) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Phase transformations in steels: Diffusionless transformations, high strength steels, modelling and advanced analytical techniques" to their offering.
The processing-microstructure-property relationships in steels continue to present challenges to researchers because of the complexity of phase transformation reactions and the wide spectrum of microstructures and properties achievable. This major two-volume work summarises the current state of research on phase transformations in steels and its implications for the emergence of new steels with enhanced engineering properties. Volume 2 reviews current research on diffusionless transformations and phase transformations in high strength steels, as well as advances in modelling and analytical techniques which underpin this research.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Diffusionless transformations: Crystallography of martensite transformations in steels
- Morphology and substructure of martensite in steels
- Kinetics of martensite transformations in steels
- Shape memory in ferrous alloys
- Tempering of martensite in carbon steels.
Part 2 Phase transformations in high strength steels: Phase transformations in high strength low alloy (HSLA) steels
- Phase transformations in transformation induced plasticity (TRIP)-assisted multiphase steels
- Phase transformations in quenched and partitioned steels
- Phase transformations in advanced bainitic steels
- Phase transformations in high manganese twinning induced plasticity (TWIP) steels
- Phase transformations in maraging steels.
Part 3 Modelling phase transformations: First principles in modelling phase transformations in steels
- Phase field modelling of phase transformations in steels
- Molecular dynamics modelling of martensitic transformations in steels
- Neural networks modelling of phase transformations in steels.
Part 4 Advanced analytical techniques for studying phase transformations in steels: Application of modern transmission electron microscopy (TEM) techniques to the study of phase transformations in steel
- Atom probe tomography for studying phase transformations in steels
- Electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) techniques for studying phase transformations in steels
- Application of synchrotron and neutron scattering techniques for tracking phase transformations in steels.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fb6x7c/phase
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd